🔫Chapter One🔫

1st of April, 10 AM

*Taehyung POV*

"Told you that today would be perfect hyung." I say to Jimin who is sitting on the ground a few feet away from me.

"What do you mean Taehyung?" Jimin says back.

"There is no wind today, so the bullet won't be affected." I say and continue looking through the scope of my Cheytac M200 intervention sniper rifle. This is my personal sniper and the one I use for all my long range jobs. It was the first sniper I chose on my own and I have never once missed a target with it.

Currently, I am lying prone on the roof of an abandoned complex 8 blocks away from the restaurant with my sniper on a bipod and me aiming the reticle over the door where my target is going to walk out of soon

Currently, I am lying prone on the roof of an abandoned complex 8 blocks away from the restaurant with my sniper on a bipod and me aiming the reticle over the door where my target is going to walk out of soon. My mission is to kill him as soon as I have a stable shot.

"You're right, it should be a perfect shot, so focus. We only have one chance to take the leader of the gang out." Jimin says back to me and I glance over quickly. He is focusing on the street with an advanced target and range finder in hand. Jimin is my spotter, he tells me the range and the distance for my target and certain vantage points so I won't accidentally miss cause the bullet wasn't set to the right distance. I have never gone on a mission without him and he offers me backup in case we are engaged in close combat.

"There he is." I say blankly as I look back into the scope and focus the crosshair right over his heart. He stops walking and pulls out his phone. I take the chance that he stopped moving and pull the trigger. The shot is completely undetectable since I have a high grade silencer on.

The phone drops out of his hand and he falls to the ground, blood pooling underneath his body. A perfect shot straight through the heart. People start screaming when they see what happened.

"Goodbye, Im Juyoung." I whisper coldly as I sit up and take my sniper off it's bipod.

"Good work Taehyung, one less problem to worry about now." Jimin says and I look over to see him standing up and preparing to exit the builiding.

"Lets head back to HQ before his men show up and scan the area." Jimin says quickly and I finish packing my sniper and leave the vicinity as well.

And that is what I am doing with my life. I kill people for a living.

Me and Jimin get in our car and he starts driving back to the hq. I stare out the car window and close my eyes.

*flash back 15 years ago*

"Nooo!!!!" I screamed as the man shot my mother through the heart. How can this be happening?

Just minutes ago we had all been on the couch watching a movie and laughing, when the front door was kicked in and strange men dressed in black started shooting everywhere. My father jumped up and tried to protect my mum and little sister but he was shot before he could reach them and fell to the ground lifeless.

"Daddy!!!!" I screamed as I saw my father lying dead on the floor with blood collecting under his body. I crawled backward into a corner and started crying. I wanted to help. I wanted to save my mum and sister but I was so scared and small I couldn't do anything. I look up quickly and see my sister lying motionless on the floor and my mother falling to the ground as one of the men just put a bullet in her. I scream again and start crying harder. The man looks at me and starts walking towards me, he brings his handgun to my face and is about to kill me when suddenly I hear a peircing gun shot and a window shattering. I look up and see a stream of blood running down from the mans chests, he drops his gun and slowly falls dead right in front of me. I look at his body, completely unfazed by all the shots and glass breaking in my family's house. Something about what just happened was so perfect. It's amazing how a single, tiny bullet can take a man out in a second. I knew in that moment what my future was, I knew I was meant to be a sniper and take people out with the perfect amount of control and accuracy.

"What's your name son?" A deep voice pulls me out of my reverie. I look up and see a kind looking man staring at me with a soft expression. I glance behind him and see all the bad men lying dead on the floor.

"K....Kim Taehyung." I say with a shaky voice.

The man smiles and offers me a hand up. "Well Kim Taehyung, I am deeply sorry about your family, I know it must be hard for you, but if you come with me I can train you to never be scared or hurt again. Does that sound okay with you?" He asks and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Will you teach me how to shoot?" I ask as I look up at the man and dry my tears.

"Oh yes, I will teach you to be the best sniper ever." He says and pulls me out of the house with him. I get into a black car and he starts driving away, I look back at my house where my family still lays dead, but strangely enough I don't feel sad anymore. I feel no sadness or remorse, just the burning desire to become a sniper and to be able to kill in a second without having a second thought about it.

That incident was the last time I ever felt an emotion.

*End of flashback*

"That was a good kill Taehyung. You are the only one in our whole group that can hit a man dead centre in the heart no matter the conditions or if the guy is moving or not." Jimin says as he focuses on the road.

"Yeah, well I guess all that training paid off." I say and lean back in the car.

We arive back to our headquarters. I am a part of a highly trained group of mercanaries called BTS. We are extremely covert and take jobs such as assassinating corrupt politicians or members of a mafia. We try not to kill innocent people as much as we can, and we take it upon our own hands to protect Seoul from the gangs that run the area. Our operation is a secret to the public world and not even the police know our identity, they just know the bodies we drop and the drug deals we bust. Honestly my job is very good, I get to kill people and not worry about it.

We walk into our building that our leader Kim Namjoon owns. He is a succesful business man and runs BTS in secret. Me and Jimin take the elevator down to our main area underneath the building.

"You guys are back. I saw it on the news, good job Taehyung." Namjoon calls out to me with a tense voice as we walk into the main lobby where we do all our illegal activities. I see Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok looking at a computer screen with troubled faces. I hint tension in Namjoons voice and his face expression looks stressed.

"Yoongi, are you sure that is her?" Hoseok asks Yoongi as they stare at an image on the screen.

"Positive. You know I have a photographic memory. That is her. I could never forget her face." He answers back with a clear tone.

What are they talking about?

"Here is the file Namjoon." Hoseok says as he prints a few pages and hands them to our leader.

"Hyung, what's wrong?" I ask already knowing something bad happened while standing in front of him, Jimin walks next to me and also stands beside me. I call him Hyung since Namjoons father saved me as a kid and I grew up with the members of BTS. We are more like a family than a group of killers.

"Something came up, you have an urgent job." Namjoon says with an annoyed face and hands me the files.

I look down at them and furrow my eyebrows slightly at what I see.

"Her name is Oh Yoonjeo, and she needs to be silenced."