2

Ten days go by since the day I met Lafayette and we became rather close. We have four more days until we should be expecting arrival to New York.
I'm in my chamber changing into one of my evening gowns to met Lafayette for dinner. I start to walk down the hallway to the ballroom when I hear a man behind me. He was running past me as he screams "Land!"
I start to run with him making our way to the front of the ship. I can hear fellow passengers awe over the New World. I'm on the starboard as I scan across the waves, my eyes lock with a small silhouette of an island that I assume is New York.
I run to the ballroom where I was to meet Lafayette. I reach the double doors and open them quickly. Scanning the room for Lafayette, I see him talking to the same woman I had met ten days ago.
"Sorry to intruded on your discussion but I have quite interesting information for Lafayette," I tease him.
"Besides being late for dinner does this really interest me?" he asks obviously wanted to talk to the lady behind me.
"I just thought you would like to know that land had been spotted," I calmly tell him as I look down at my nails. His eyes expand to this information.
"Show miss Adrienne and I this land," He smirks.
I lead them to the starboard where a bigger crowd has formed. We push our way through to the front of the railing. As Adrienne is watching the land I whisper to Lafayette "Nice job she's pretty," He looks down at me with a smile and responds "Oh Alaska, I hope you will one day understand how I feel with her," My smile fades as I look out to the water.
Two days later we dock the boat in New York Harbor. Lafayette and I walk off onto the new land. I stumble around with Lafayette aiding me. We walk downtown admiring the beautiful architecture. It was simpler then France but a million times more beautiful. The New World just screamed "New Life."
As we were walking down the street a man behind me gently taps my arm. I turn around so he is now in front of me. The man smiled and bowed down to me "Welcome, my name is John Laurens,"
"Bonjour kind sir, Alaska Allaire," I respond by extending my hand out for him to kiss. He stands back up as I see a man running towards us. He was stumbling but never fell. He stops right next to John Laurens and smiles. He starts to talk "What's a beautiful woman like you talking to this bastard?'
"Hercules this is Alaska and..." John starts. Lafayette finishing his sentence "Lafayette,"
"Nice to meet you Alaska and Lafayette," Hercules says.
"Vous Aussi," (you too) I respond. His face turns to awe.
"Their accent," He yells. I laugh "Oui we just came from France,"
"So, like are you guys married?" Hercules asks as he points to us awkwardly. We both look at each other and laugh. I start "Never," when I'm cut off with Lafayette "She'd be a great wife but not my type I'd say," I punch his arm playfully.
"Ouch," He laughs as he rubs his arm.
"Brilliant," John yells as he try's to copy our accents. We all laugh at John as he trips around.
"Well I could use another drink," John blurts out.
"After you," Lafayette says. Hercules and John start off in a new direction with Lafayette and I behind them. We finally reach a tavern just a block from the harbor. John kicks the door and it swings open. He starts to scream nonsense, Lafayette and Hercules join in as they swallow down shot after shot.
  I sat at the bar as they intruded on two men sitting at a table. "Oh dear," I think to myself as one of the men looks irritated. I can't see the other man who was originally there as it was quite crowded. I overhear Lafayette scream Aaron Burr at some point? I think.
I decide to go and put away my luggage in my small rental house I paid for. I give the bartender money for all their drinks.
The last thing I hear is  "I am not throwing away my shot," from a man I didn't recognize. Then the door shuts and I keep walking down to the small house. When I get inside, I unpack my things quickly. Walking up the stairs and into my only bedroom. I fall asleep quickly.