24

Alexander didn't come home last night which worried me beyond extend. I know he was probably drunk at a bar but my anxiety was running wild. Currently it was two AM and I was pacing our room while Phillip and Amelia slept.
     I have paced the room 473 times before I hear our bedroom door open. Amelia stands in the doorway with a concern look on her face.
     "Oh Amelia I'm sorry did I wake you?" I ask as I stop my pacing. She smiles softly and walks towards me kindly.
     "It's no problem but why on earth are you awake at such an ungodly hour?" Amelia asks as she carefully puts her hand on my shoulder causing me to sit down onto the bed.
     "Alexander hasn't come home yet and I'm worried something has happened!" I rant. Her smile fades into a frown as she takes her hand off of my shoulder.
     "Well where do you think he could be?" She asks with concern peaking in her voice.
     "Maybe the local pub? With Washington? Maybe at school?" I rapidly question.
     "The real question is do you trust him to make the right decision?" She asks sitting next to me on the bed. She takes a hold of my hands and place them in hers.
     "I do but what does this have anything with him not being here?" I ask.
     "Do you love him enough to trust him fully?" She asks.
     "Of course!" I defend.
     "Do you have faith that he would never betray you?" She asks again.
     "Yes I do. Why does this matter?" I ask.
     "You seem to love him and fully trust him so don't worry about it. Let him take control and let him worry about himself."
     "Yes but what if something happens to him!" I ask.
     "Do you trust him to make the right decision?" She calmly asks me.
     "Yes he is a very smart man!"
     "Then don't worry about it. Like you said he is very smart and he can handle himself," Amelia cooes.
     "Your right but how can I stop? I don't know how to stop my mind! It is just racing with all of these thoughts and I don't know what to do," I cry.
     "I know but it's okay! He will be home soon I promise," she says as she stands up taking my hand and laying me down onto my bed. She tucks me into the bed and carefully fixes my hair out of my face.
     "Good night and get some sleep it's not healthy to be up so late," Amelia tells me. I smile and nod. Amelia blows out the candle making the room engulf in darkness. I hear the door close and quiet take over the small room. My eyes slowly flutter closed to where my heartbeat slows and I fall into a deep slumber without Alexander.
     The morning came sooner then I expected and I woke up to a warm body next to me snoring. I look over to see Alexander asleep looking very disheveled. He reeked of alcohol but I didn't care I was just glad he was back some safe.
     I kiss his cheek which woke him from his slumber. He slowly turned to me and smiled.
     "Morning love," He said in his deep morning voice. I laughed and gave him kiss before asking, "Where were you last night? I stayed up most of the night waiting. I was so worried."
     "I'm so sorry I forgot to warn you of my departure with Hercules. We ended up passed out at his shop with a bottle of alcohol next to us," He said with a small laugh as he remembered the events of the night before. I smiled then pulled myself out of bed.
     "I'm taking Phillip into town today would you like to join us? Amelia has plans with a secret courter! She is keeping him secret from Phillip until she is sure he could be a good father figure," I explain.
     "Yeah that sounds really nice. I have the day off from classes so I can spend the whole day with my two favorite people," He laughs.
     An hour or two later Alexander, Phillip, and I all walk down the streets of busy New York. We were walking with Alexander on the right side of Phillip and I on Phillip's left side. Alexander and I hold Phillip's hand in the crowded streets.
     We walk into a few shops buying things here and there. I bought a few dresses and Alexander bought himself a book for himself at night. As for Phillip we bought him everything he wanted even though we didn't have much money we didn't even hesitate when he would ask for a game or a treat to snack on. We even bought him a tie for the wedding that was approaching.
     The day was filled with laughter. This week with Phillip had been the best week I could of ever asked for. He brightens up my life and I don't know how I could ever live without him.