29

The steps up to Alexander's and I home is refreshing to see. I had gotten  sick about two weeks into the honeymoon. Alexander had rushed us home to a doctor. So he is helping my weak body up the small cement steps. He sets me against a wooden planter as he quickly looks for his keys. I raise my elbow up to my mouth as I deeply cough out the rest of my energy. My knees start to shake as I grab onto the planter for support. The door opens and Alexander grabs my waist and practically drags me into the living room.
     My throat was swollen and my nose was stuffed. I had body aches and a mild headache. My stomach had a sharp feeling in it and I was profusely throwing up. The doctor in Spain said it was a cold but there had to be something else wrong. I've had colds and this is way worse. There was something else going on. Alexander however was a mess. The fact that I was sick has scared him into being by my side 24/7. He doesn't want to believe that it is more then cold incase it was life-threatening.
     "Can you get the doctor to just do a checkup?" I ask Alexander.
     "Why? We know it's a cold," He says as he brings me a cold cloth. He places it on my forehead and smiles down at me.
     "I have had so many colds Alexander and this one feels different. I think we should just talk to the doctor," I say tiredly.
     "Fine," Alexander sighs. He gets up and walks out of the house leaving me alone in the house. My headache wasn't bad but it was just constant pain to where I can't remember what not having a headache feels like. My stomach pain as been mild too but it suddenly got worse. I turned over and puked. Tears fell down my face from the pain. I can only imagine my nose red from not being able to breathe. My throat already in pain now as the throw up pain. I huddle myself into a ball and start to shake.
     The door opens awhile later and I hear Alexander's voice and another mans. I assume it's the doctors.
     "Oh my," I hear the doctor say. I groan in pain and stretch out my body on the couch. I hear footsteps get closer to me. All I see is black as I have my eyes closed. A hand touches my stomach then my forehead and lastly my throat. I drift off the sleep the rest of the exam.
     "Alaska," Alexander says softly. His hand is on my arm gripping it loosely. I open my eyes to see his violet-blue eyes have tears in them.
     "What-what's wrong? Am I dying?" I ask dazed. He shakes his head and smiles at me.
     "What?" I ask him wildly confused.
     "The doctor said you have a really bad cold," Alexander says, "and that your pregnant." I don't respond I only smile. He smiles back and I quietly laugh.
     "Really?" I ask.
     "Yeah your about a few weeks," He says.
     "Oh my God! We're gonna be a family," I say.
     "We always were a family," Alexander says.
     "Can you bring me some paper and pens?" I ask. He smiles and stands up.
     He comes back a little later with paper pens. He helps me sit up and we both take a pen and write letters to our closest friends telling them about our news.
     It's about a three weeks later since we had found out I was pregnant. My cold as healed and I'm doing rather well. I don't look pregnant but I feel pregnant. My feet are a little swollen and I have morning sickness. Alexander has gone back to work with Washington and he's never home. I don't blame him he has work to do especially now that we're gonna have a kid.
     There's small knock on the door and I rush over to answer. I open the door and Rose stands there.
     "Rose! Come in," I say as I move out of the way so she can enter. She walks in and smiles wide.
     "So how have you been?" I ask her. She sits down on the couch and I sit next to her.
     "Really great! Lafayette is amazing," She tells me.
     "I'm so glad! It must be hard not being able to get married though," I say. Her smile doesn't flatten.
     "I know. Adrienne is a real bitch we can't get married but at least we have the manoir," Rose says.
     "Oh and the kids! How is it like to be a mom," I ask her.
     "Pretty good it seems like they like me but you know their not that mother to children bond," she says, "Speaking of kids how's your little one coming along?"
     "Good, it's okay I always feel sick and I'm not really having a good time," I tell her.
     "Don't even worry once that kid comes out and see it's small face you will be so happy and all this pain and discomfort will disappear," She says.
     "I know I just don't have a good feeling about this all," I say.
     "Hey, nothing is ever gonna happen to this kid," She says sternly.
     "I know that. Just never mind it's not important," I say.
     "No! This is important," She says.
     "No, I'm just being paranoid it's just you know nothing ever works out for me so why would this!" I yell as tears stream down my face. She frowns and pulls me into a tight hug. I cry into her shoulder and she rubs my back.
     "Alaska, I promise you nothing bad will ever happen again because know you have Alexander, Lafayette, and me and many others you will never have to be alone or be afraid," She tells me. I smile wipe my tears away. She smiles at me and we both break into laughter.