He needs me

"James I want him back.. I want my baby back.."

"I know, honey.  So do I.. I'm so sorry I left you alone.  Why did you come in here by yourself?"

"I don't know.. I-I.."

"It's okay!  Just breathe, honey."

"James, I'm sorry."

"Please stop apologizing.  You did nothing wrong."

"I killed him."

"No you didn't!  Stop saying that!"

"He looked like a good sized baby.. He was healthy and I killed him."

"Stop.  The doctor said it was the placenta.  You know he said that!  You can't help that, honey."

"I can never have kids.  I'll just be too afraid of it happening again.  I'm sorry James, but I can't have your baby!"

"Caroline, I just want you to be okay.  Please stop talking this way."

"James, I want him.  He needs me! My baby needs me! I want to be with him!"

"Don't say that!  You know I need you!"

"He needs his momma."

"Caroline, stop talking this way.  I understand that you're upset but please stop this!"

Caroline breaks away from James and runs out of the room.  It was like Caroline was a completely different person right now.

James chased after her.  He was worried and didn't know what she was going to do. 

Caroline screamed and ran down to the kitchen.
James' heart dropped when he saw his wife pick up a knife.

"Caroline No!"

"Stay away from me!" Caroline faces the knife towards him.

"Don't do this!  I love you, Caroline!  Please please don't do this!"

"He needs me!" She sobs.

"I need you! Please don't do this.  Our baby is in a better place.  I know it hurts, but doing this isn't going to make things any better.  Give me the knife, Caroline."

Caroline's body shook as tears continued running down her cheeks.

"Please baby!  Please, please, please! DON'T DO THIS!" James shouted as he begged his wife.

Caroline drops the knife and falls to the ground sobbing uncontrollably.

James ran to her and held her as he cried with her.

He kisses her over and over again.  He thought he was about to lose her and he never wanted to let her go again.

***

April 20th.

"Alright, let's go say happy birthday to mommy!" Danny hands Grayson Jessica's glass of orange juice and he carries Jessica's tray of food and Nova in the other hand.

Grayson opens the door and runs to Jessica.

"Gray watch it, you're spilling juice all over the place."

"Oops! Sorry, daddy! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOMMY! Here's your juice!"

"Oh thank you so much, Grayson! I love you, baby!"

"I love you more, old lady!"

Jessica's smile quickly fades.