Baby

"Hey Novies, come here!" Jessica called her over to the couch.

"Yes?"

"Daddy and I were talking, and.."

"I'm getting a baby brother or sister?!" Nova's eyes quickly filled with excitement.

"No! We're getting a puppy! Fred, you're gonna get a new friend!" Jessica tells Fred who was right beside Nova as if he were her shadow.

"What? A puppy?"

"Yeah bug, are you excited?" Danny asks.

"Eh!" She shrugs.

"Eh?!" Jessica chuckles. "You don't want a puppy?"

"We have Fred, and I've decided I don't want anymore dogs."

"Oh you've decided?" Jessica holds her laughter in.

"Yep! Sooo.. thanks, but No thanks!" Nova then walks off the continue watching tv.

Jessica turns to Danny, "I wasn't asking her! What does she think she's running?"

"She's like her mother!" Danny laughs.

Jessica chuckles and throws a couch pillow at him.

***

June.

Danny and Jessica drove the two kids to a local pet store to look around.

"What kinda of pup do you think we should get, mom?" Grayson asks.

"Well now that we don't have any babies in the house, I wouldn't mind a bigger dog.  When we adopted Fred, you were little and we still wanted to have another baby.  To me, a small puppy was the easiest.  It would be fun to have a dog that grows a little bigger, don't you think?"

"Yeah!" Grayson was very excited.

As the four of them looked around, they heard Nova gasp.
"Look!  Is this a baby outfit or is it for dolly's?" She asks pointing and going up on her tiptoes.

"That's an outfit for a puppy, Nova." Danny chuckles.

"Oh.. I wanted to put it on my dolly's!" She pouts and crosses her arms.

Danny smiles then takes her hand and turns to Grayson. "Where did your mother go?"

"I don't know." He shrugs.

Danny and the kids then hear Jessica's laugh. This was a joyful belly laugh. They followed the sound and found Jessica sitting in the middle of Golden retrievers. The puppies ran everywhere, some on top of her and one in her arms.

"I'm moving here!" Jessica shouted.

Danny couldn't help but laugh.

"Daddy, is mommy crazy?" Nova asks.

"Heh, no babe.
You having fun, honey?" Danny asks.

"Yes! I want him, baby!" Jessica smiles.

"He's a cutie!"

"Can I go in there, daddy?" Nova asks as Grayson walked over to the gate. He wanted in on some puppy love too.

"Sure, princess."

Danny walks in with her and at first she was a little overwhelmed.

"Oh wow!" Nova smiles but stays close to her father.

"I wanna see Mommy's puppy!"

"Jess, come here. I don't think she wants to get in the middle of them." Danny chuckles.

Jessica walks over and squats down in front of Nova.
"Oh he's cute! I wanna name him! I wanna name him!" Nova jumped as she loudly shouted.

"What do you wanna name him, baby?" Jessica smiles.

"Baby!"

"Yeah, that's what I called you! Now, tell me the name, silly!" She laughs.

"No mommy! I wanna name him Baby!"

"Baby?" Jessica then looks down at the puppy and smiles.

"That is a pretty cute name for him. What do you think, Danny?"

"Baby and Fred.. I think they'll be best friends." Danny chuckles.

"I like it! You named the puppy, Nova!"

"Yay! I did it! I did it!" Nova jumps up and down as she claps her hands.

"Welcome to the Huston family, Baby." Jessica smiles.

" Jessica smiles

***

I'm having major puppy fever right now you guys! I want a golden retriever so bad it's not even funny!

QUESTION!
I was thinking of adding drama to this story, but I honestly don't know what to do. We've had sickness, death, miscarriages, fertility issues, drug issues (Unless you think that should make a come back).
I really don't want too much drama between Danny and Jessica, but if that's what you want I'll do it. Just nothing too bad. 😬🙃
Please give me your suggestions because I'm not really coming up with anything exciting.