Bed rest

Four hours into Jessica's hospital stay.

Jessica's contractions have slowed down immensely.  She now only has very light cramping every so often.

Danny had pulled up a chair beside her bed and read through the paper.  His nerves had calmed down, especially since he kept such a close eye on her contractions through not only her facial expressions but the monitor as well.

"How are you feeling baby?  Do you need anything?" Danny asks setting his newspaper down.

"No honey.. well, actually.."

"What is it?"

"My back itches.  Could you scratch it, please?"

"No!" He jokes. "I'm kidding! Here, let me help you."

Danny laughs and takes her hand to help her lean forward.

"Mmm.. Thanks, babe."

"No problem." He smiles and kisses her forehead.

"How's our boy?" Danny says lightly scratching his finger tips over her bare belly.

"He dancin." Jessica smiles down to her belly.

"Aw.. little guy, you had mama and I worried!  You stay cooking for a while longer, okay?"

The baby gives two big kicks to his mother's ribs in response.

"Ouch!  I know it's still early, but I think it's safe to say he's running out of room."

"He a big boy!" Danny smiles and kisses her belly.

Jessica giggles and plays with his hair.  Danny then looks up and smiles back before leaning in to kiss her lips.

***

Finally after an overnight stay at the hospital Jessica was released.  Danny drove her straight home and got her situated in bed.

"Now you know what the doctor said.  You are on strict bedrest, So Stay Put!  Understand?"

"Yes." Jessica pouts.

"What if I have to use the bathroom?"

"I'll help you."

"I don't want you to!"

"Well tough!"

"Danny!" Jessica whines.

"Jess, I saw you push our daughter out of your body, I can help you up from a toilet.  It's not that big of a deal.
Now, I'm going to be downstairs making lunch before the kids get dropped off.  If you need Anything at all, Use Your Cell Phone To Call Me."

"I Understand!" Jessica says in an irritated tone.

"Just making sure." He chuckles.

**

"Awe man, I've gotta pee.. Danny!  Danny!  I have to pee!" Jessica shouts.

She then groans and grabs her phone to call him.

"Hello?" Danny answers as he opens the door and smiles.

"I've gotta pee!"

"Okay, I'm com-"

"No, NOW!  Hurry!"

Danny hurries over and help her to the restroom.

"Now get out!" She whines and kicks her legs a bit.

Danny chuckles and leaves the room.
"Just holler when you're done." He chuckles through the door.
"Go away!  Don't listen!"

There was then complete silence.