Jonas Zane Huston

Two days later Jessica was discharged from the hospital. However, baby Jonas was not.
Despite not being able to go home with his parents, the baby was doing very well.  Jessica was even going to be able to hold him today.

This morning Jessica got dressed and went to see her baby boy, but first she stopped by to see Valerie.

"Good morning, Princess!" Jessica smiled at the precious little baby.

"Say, Hi, baby girl!" Alyssa smiles.

"You two know each other?  Oh wait!  Huston!  Haha, I never even noticed that!" One of the younger nurses says.

"Yes! This is my granddaughter!" Jessica smiles down to the tiny infant.

"What?! Ms. Jessie, you're a grandma?!"

"I am! I have six gorgeous grand babies." Jessica smiles proudly.

"Oh my gosh! How many kids do you have?"

"Seven beautiful babies! Six boys and a baby girl."

"You're kidding me!  You have seven kids?!"

"Yep!" Jessica smiles.

"Oh my gosh!  You had ALL of them?"

"My first four are from a previous marriage.  After my husband passed, I met Danny and my Zachary." Jessica smiles and places her hand on her son's arm.

"This boy is my baby!" She says gently pulling him down and going up on her tip toes for a kiss on the cheek.

"I adopted him and Danny adopted my son Grayson, and together we have Nova and Jonas.  But in our family there are no steps, we're just family." She smiles.

"Aw!  That's quite an amazing story!"

"Thanks." Jessica giggles.

"So these two are cousins.. Wait!  Never mind, he's her uncle!" The young woman laughs.

"Yeah, it's all a little confusing.  My six year old makes her nephew who is two weeks older than her call her aunt Nova."

"Oh my gosh, that's great!" The woman laughs.

"Yeah, she's a hoot." Jessica chuckles.

"Well we'll have to move Jonas closer so they can keep each other company."

"Aw Yes!  So how is my little guy doing today?" Jessica asks walking over to her baby boy.

"He's doing very well!  He's ready for mommy to hold him, and maybe even Feed him!"

"Oh yay! Come on, baby boy. Mama's ready, and daddy's coming!  He had to go back to grab the camera!"

"Aw!  Well we can wait a while.. he doesn't seem very fussy.  He's been a total angel since he's arrived.  Makes my job easy!" The nurse smiles.

"Aw!  Well good boy!" Jessica smiles and plays with his little foot.

"Where is daddy?!  Mommy's becoming very impatient!"

"There he is!" The nurse points.

"Yay!" Jessica wiggles her butt then sits down so she can hold her son for the first time since birth.

"Hey!  I'm here, little buddy!" Danny smiles.

The nurse picks him up and Jessica immediately gets a sick feeling in her stomach.

"Oh I'm nervous now!"

"Why, baby?" Danny asks.

"What if I hurt him?  He's probably in pain, isn't he?"