Gift from God

March 25th.
27 weeks pregnant.

Today Danny, Jessica and the kids are going to Lyla and Liam's birthday party.  It's being held at the park, so Jessica is currently looking for something comfortable to wear.
She took out a maxi dress and looked in the mirror.  Her belly was sticking straight out.

"Oh gosh, I'm huge!" She laughs.

"Little boy, you are just growing so fast!" Jessica smiles as she pats her belly.  The baby kicks her hand in response.

"You hear mama, don't you?  My little cutie!"

Jessica then returned to her closet to grab some strapy sandals.
She also finished up by applying some light makeup and clipped half of her hair up.

"Mommy, we're ready!" Nova runs in and shouts.

"So am I, pretty girl.  Let's get going!"

**

Jessica sat down watching the kids as they played different party games.  She smiled seeing the joy in their faces.
Soon Caroline's mother and sister came over and sat beside her.

"Hey Jess!"

"Hi!  Oh the baby!  Caroline told me you had her, let me see!" Jessica says to Caroline's sister.

"This is Ruby!" She smiles.

"Oh she's precious!"

"Thank you!"

"And You!  You're gonna have another little one soon!" Susan places her hand on her belly.

"Heh!  Yeah.. kind of a shock, but we're happy!" Jessica smiles.

"That's great!  Caro filled me in.  Is he doing well?"

"Yeah!  No, he's fine!  It's just after birth is where the scariness starts."

"He's in our prayers, hun."

"Thank you." Jessica smiles softly.

**

"Babe, Do you want some cake?" Danny asks.

"Did you really have to ask?" Jessica laughs.

"Heh, silly me!  I'll be back."

"Thanks, babe."

Nova runs over to Jessica with her cake.
"Can I sit with you, mommy?"

"Of course, bug!"

"Mommy, can you believe the twins are four!"

"I can't!  It's crazy!"

"Can you believe me and Sammy are gonna be SIX?"

"That's so crazy!  You're my little baby!"

"Yeah, I'm the princess!"

"Yes you are!" Jessica smiles.

...

"I have cake and I found a baby!" Danny says walking over with Ruby in his arms.

"Heh!  She's a cutie, isn't she?" Jessica smiles.

"She is!  Jess, I can't wait for our baby!  OUR baby!  We're having another baby soon!"

"I know, I'm so excited to meet him!  We need to start decorating his nursery, AND he needs a name!" She says placing her hand on her belly to feel her baby boy's constant movements.