Sweetheart

Leaving Jonas in the hospital and going back home was so hard for both Danny and Jessica.
Even though they knew he was in the best hands, it still hurt not being able to bring him home.

Jessica cried the entire way home, and Danny did his best to make her feel better.

"Baby girl, it's okay.  He's in good hands."

"But Mommy's are the best!  What if he needs me, Danny?" She sobs.

"Oh honey.. We'll go see him first thing in the morning!"

"What if something happens and I'm not there?"

"Baby, if something were to happen, they would call us.  But I promise you everything will be fine."

Jessica tried her best not to cry in front of the kids.
Sam and Tiffany were staying with them at the house when Danny and Jessica returned.

"Mommy!  Daddy!  You're home!  Where's Jonas?" Nova said running to her parents.

"Nova, remember your brother and I told you that he will be staying at the hospital with Valerie for a little while?" Tiffany says.

"But I want him to come home Now!" She pouts.

Jessica kneels down and holds her arms out for her daughter.

"So do I baby.. but he'll be home soon.."

"What if I can't see him till he's big?!"

"Sweetie pie, that's not gonna happen."

Nova pouts and cuddles into her mother.

"Gigi!  Gigi!" Tabitha runs to her grandmother.

"Hi my pretty girl!"

Tabitha then begins to babble in the cutest little excited voice.

"Hey, at least she said Gigi right!" Sam chuckles and shrugs his shoulders.

"Stop it!  Oh my girl!  Then what happened, momma?" Jessica places her hand on Tabitha's back.

Tabitha then really gets into her story.  She starts speaking louder and jumps up with excitement.

Jessica smiles and kisses her cheek.
"Wow!  It sounds like you had an exciting day, Tabi!"

Tabitha puckers her lips and gives her grandmother a big kiss.

"Oh sweet sweet kisses!"

Just then Samuel walks over. "Hi Gigi!" He waves.

"Hey Sammy!" Jessica smiles.

"Nova, come on.  Let's go play!" He pats her back.

"I want my mommy.." She says in a low voice as she curls into Jessica.

"And you need to call me Aunt Nova cause I'm your auntie!"

"Nova, I'm older than you!"

"You're still my nephew, Sam Sam!"

"Fine!  Aunt Nova, will you come play with me?"

"I said I want my mommy." She cries softly and tightens the grip around Jessica's neck.

"She's a little upset, Samuel.. Nova, why don't you play with Sam while momma changes?  Then I'll cuddle you until you go through bed."

"Okay.."

Jessica kisses her cheek and wipes her tears.

"Now don't be sad.  Baby brother is okay, and he'll be home before we know it, alright?"