My baby boy

July 2nd.

Danny and Jessica arrived at the hospital around 7:30 am. They were then quickly guided to a room.
While Jessica changed, Danny got his little corner of the room situated. Since Jessica was being induced they both knew it would more than likely be a long day.

After changing into her hospital gown Jessica made her way back into the room.

Danny smiled and just stared at her.

"What?" Jessica chuckled.

"I'm just taking it all in.  The big belly, the chubby face, the waddle.  I'm gonna miss you being pregnant."

"Yeah?" Jessica gave him a soft smile.

"Yeah.  Smile, let me take your picture."

"Oh Danny, not now!"

"Jessica, come on.  One more.  Please?"

"Fine." Jessica turned to her side and gave him a soft smile.

"You are beyond gorgeous!  Even though you look a little bugged with me

"You are beyond gorgeous!  Even though you look a little bugged with me." He chuckles.

"Oh Danny!"

"I'm serious."

Jessica giggles and messes with her hair. "Well thank you!"

"Heh!  You're very welcome, missy."

**

Jessica was nervous to get things started.  She's never had to be induced before and she was worried her labor would last extra long.  She was convinced her son wasn't ready to be born, and she knew he would take his time coming into the world even being pushed a little.

Her doctor started Jessica on pitocin and they waited for her contractions to start.  Two hours went by and Jessica had about two very very mild contractions.  She was still dilated zero and zero percent effaced.

Jessica hated all of this.  She wanted to be home trying to naturally bring him here instead of what she felt was forcing him into the world.

"Mrs. Huston, the doctor will be in shortly, he's going to break your water and we are going to up your pitocin.  Relax now because once this happens things will pick up very quickly.

"Okay.."

The nurse leaves the room and Danny smiles at Jessica. "Things are gonna start happening, babe!"

"Yeah.."

"Get excited, baby!"

"I am.."

Danny chuckles and walks over to kiss her head.
"I'm gonna run to the Starbucks downstairs, you need anything?" He laughs.