my music evolution

i genuinely love music so much. it really has changed my life.

along with it changing my life, my life has changed my taste in music. 

i grew up surrounded by classic rock and jazzy blues music.

as i began to develop a taste in my own music, i gravitated towards the top 40 pop type. growing up with the disney channel certainly impacted that, i listened to soundtracks from shake it up and hannah montana. 

around my first year of middle school, i slowly began to experiment with genres other than pop, like my dad's punk rock music.

my best friend had a big impact on this. she listened to green day, all time low, paramore, and blink-182. 

this was around when we developed our love for 5 seconds of summer because we were just TOO COOL for one direction. (; 

i began to fall in love with all time low, fall out boy, twenty one pilots, green day, panic! at the disco, and paramore. 

i then discovered waterparks. 

then i fell in love with halsey.

i saw 5sos live the summer in between seventh and eighth grade. i saw waterparks almost a year ago, in february 2017. i saw halsey just a couple months ago, in november. 

these bands were my true loves that carried me throughout middle school. i wish i could've seen more of them live.

i still love all of them so much. their music kept me going. they have shaped me into the person that i am today, and for that, i am so thankful. 

my music taste continues to evolve as i lock down my 2017 playlist and create a new one for 2018. 

i will continue to listen to 5sos, tøp, panic!, waterparks, fall out boy, halsey, and everyone else, but my taste in music is already changing once again. 

i've found myself enjoying slightly less pop/punk bands and more alternative ? music. my new playlist includes: waterparks, halsey, 5sos, sorority noise, the 1975, the maine, neck deep, tøp, the neighbourhood (omg i've been bopping to them), panic!, macklemore (i will always stan 110%) and troye. 

help me branch out more ?? give me more artists to listen to ! i'd love to discover more music. maybe try to recommend less punk-pop and more of alt ? idk, go for whatever. i'm ready.

i love music (and you) so much. 

my 2018 playlist (updated almost daily) is available here:

https://open.spotify.com/user/yourbrochlo/playlist/2f8qV95OCNy0pBfyMPQ5bq