First day of school

"Wake up!!!"

"Mom, just five more minutes!", Kat groaned.

"I'm not your mom."

Kat's eyes jerked open. "Is it time for school? Yes? Oh no." She quickly got ready. "Where are the boys?"

"Right here", D.O said, handing her a muffin. "The rest of them are probably by the mirror doing their makeup."

"Thanks", Kat said, taking the muffin gratefully.

Sure enough, the seven of them were crowded around the huge mirror in the hallway. Chanyeol and Sehun had an advantage because they were a head taller, but the rest were elbowing each other to get a clear view.

"And there's just me, a girl, not doing any makeup. Not that I'm judging. You guys look great both with and without.", Kat commented.

All of them collectively gasped. "No makeup?", Baekhyun asked incredulously. "Not even eyeliner? Foundation? At least lip gloss or tint?"

"Nope, nada, none. I just look naturally beautiful. Ha..ha no I'm joking." With that, Kat walked away.

"Am I the only one who wonders how pretty she would look with makeup?", Xiumin asked.

"Nope. Me too", they all agreed.

Kat entered the room she was sharing with Jayne. Or so she thought. She accidentally went into the room that Kai and D.O were sharing (Kaisoo? 😉). On Kai's table was a letter. Kat knew that she wasn't supposed to snoop but it looked so much like a love letter... it was pink and had hearts and everything. She wondered who it was to.

'Dear Layla,' she read. That was as far as she got until someone came into the room.

"What are you doing in my room?", D.O asked.

Kat jumped. She stuffed the letter into her pocket. "Uh, nothing. Sorry. I came into the wrong room by accident." She gave him her most innocent smile.

"Ok then", he said. Kat escaped the room when he called, "Oh, and Kat?"

"Yes?"

"I'll write you sticky notes on where you need to turn if you want."

"That would be great. Thank you."

Kat found her way to their room.

"Need help?", she asked Jayne.

"Nah, I'm good. But thanks", was her reply.

"Ok. By the way, do you know anyone named Layla?"

"Uhhh, that's me."

"What?"

"Layla is actually my first name. Jayne is my middle name."

"Oh, ok..", Kat said, deep in thought. "So you prefer going by Jayne?"

"I'm ok with either, I just felt like going by Jayne on the day that you came."

"WE'RE GONNA BE LATE IF YOU DON'T HURRY UP, GIRLS!", Xiumin yelled from outside.

"Ok, ok!" They called as they finished up and rushed outside.

All the boys were ready outside in their school uniforms, looking as perfect as ever.

Were they always looking perfect? Kat wondered as she joined them. Walking to school, a bunch of girls screamed at them, obviously fangirling. They even had signs that said 'Welcome back kings'. Exo smiled at them nicely. Kat felt jealous, for no reason. She had the advantage here.