Layla Jayne's Secret

She stood as if she owned the world. Yoon Ji had obviously known that she would be called on, because she was wearing loads of makeup and a skin tight red dress that was too revealing for the occasion.

"It's fine" she trilled in her fake girly voice.

"No, I insist." Lay said, nudging Kris.

"I would like to apologize for my rudeness" he deadpanned, making Kat snort. Loudly.

To Kat, everything made sense now. Of course Kris hadn't done anything wrong. Yoon Ji had just been an attention seeker and an unsuspecting Lay had been caught in her trap.

Now, everyone had heard her snort and turned to face her. Yoon Ji wore a death glare on her face. Kat started coughing so that people would think that she had been blowing her nose or something. She winked at Kris, who had been staring at her a moment too long.

"What about a date instead?" Yoon Ji asked loudly.

Chanyeol booed and a lot of people followed him.

"Sure!" Lay said. "Anything for my lady."

Kat's jaw dropped. She had to warn Lay before it was too late!

"I meant Kris." Yoon Ji said rudely. Kat abruptly stood up, getting everyone's attention.

"Hey! That's enough. Can we get on with the other performers?" Kat asked the MC before promptly sitting down again.

The MC looked relieved at Kat's interjection.

"Next we present to you, Sapphire!"

Thankfully, Yoon Ji didn't say anything more because it was her best friend Layla's concert.

Kat had to admit that Sapphire did great and so did all the other groups. But when the scores came up, Sapphire hadn't made it to the semi finals. In fact, they had gotten dead last.

"Didn't they do great?" The MC asked, somewhat confused. The judges looked confused too. They had given them good marks.

"The girl's in a wheelchair!" Someone called out and multiple people agreed.

This infuriated Kat. She was about to stand up and give them a piece of her mind but Xiumin kept her down.

"You can't do anything about that. It's their vote." He whispered.

Kat knew that what he said was true, but she still felt her heart sink when Layla broke down crying, her face in her hands. Kai rolled her backstage but not before glaring at the audience.

A moment of silence passed and the MC commented, "I know this is your vote, but please try to be nice. This was not cool."

The audience thankfully remained respectively silent.

Kat was so engrossed in the situation that she didn't even notice anything until Chen judges her.

"We got first, and a near perfect score." He told her.

She smiled half heartedly. "I don't know if I want to continue this. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings."

"We're sorry." The same person who had said that mean comment called.

"Sapphire! Sapphire!" People started chanting.

Suho came up on stage. "Thanks for your support but it is what it is." He bowed politely and walked off the stage.