Escape

The guard took off his mask.

"Chanyeol?" Kat said in disbelief. "Why are you wearing blue contacts?"

Chanyeol cracked a smile. "I felt like it. Now hurry up, before the others realize that something is wrong."

"Why are you a guard in the first place? Aren't you a bartender?"

"What?!" Kris and Sehun stared at Chanyeol.

"Um- let's just say it's thanks to a hyung of mine."

"Not a very good one." Kat muttered.

"Sorry for-"

Before he could finish, an alarm sounded throughout the building.

"Already?" Chanyeol groaned.

"Kat, run." The other two nodded at what Kris said.

"Go find your brother and rescue the rest. We'll hold them off."

Before Kat could protest, a whole army of people rushed at the four.

"Run!" So she ran. Fast. 

Left, right...? I don't know where to go!! Kat panicked. I gotta call D.O. But I don't have my phone.

Kat blindly ran around the building on the verge of tears. She so badly wished that her brain would cooperate with her for once.

This is hopeless. Kat sighed. Back to square one. Every time she heard voices down the hallway, she bolted the opposite way.

In front of her, a door opened. It was Yoon Ji.

"I knew you would eventually end up here." She said.

Kat grabbed her collar and smashed her head against the side wall.

"That was for the boys who had to put up with you, this is for me," Kat said, punching her shoulder.

"And this is for my brother." She threw Yoon Ji on the floor and kicked her out of the room and closed the door.

All this happened in the span of a couple seconds so there wasn't enough time for the guards to do anything.

They all ran outside to ensure that their "master" was ok. Kat locked the door after they went outside.

Finally, Kat could have a good look around the room. It was a very big room and a jail cell not unlike hers took up half of it. In it were a bunch of people along with all the Exo boys except for Kai.

"Eunseuk? Is that you?" Kat asked a boy who was around 14.

"Who are you? How do you know my name?", he asked, scared.

"I'm your sister. Do you not remember me?"

Pain flashed in his eyes. "I don't have a sister." He muttered.

Kat took those words like a blow to the stomach. She flinched visibly. Blinking her tears away, she wordlessly unlocked the jail with the keys she had stolen from a passing guard.

"Thank you." Eunseuk said, not meeting her eyes. He held onto Luhan's arm.

The other people thanked her profusely and Chanyeol escorted everyone outside.

"Quick!" He hurried them. "We might not all get outside!"

Coincidentally, the front gates closed just as the last person went through. This only left Exo and Kat.

"Back door!" Lay said, and they ran. Kai was waiting for them.

Just before Kai opened the back door, Layla appeared. "Don't open it Kai!" She yelled. Kai hesitated.

"Trust me!" Layla pleaded. "Yoon Ji is not a bad person!"

She hated having to convince him to keep them all in here, but she was forced to by Yoon Ji.

"Kai, open the door!" Suho commanded. Kai was in a dilemma. He was the only one who could open the door at the moment.

"Kai, is it me or Exo?" Layla asked. That question seemed to bring him back to reality.

Kai pressed the button with his hand and the door opened.

Relieved, the rest of them ran outside as fast as they could. D.O called the police.

Kai stood by the door looking at Layla. "I see you're not in a wheelchair anymore." He said.

"I can explain..." Layla whined.

Kai shook his head. "It's too late for explanations now. You shouldn't have played with my feelings." He followed the others out.

Layla sunk down to her knees, feeling more broken than she had in her life. Now, she would get in trouble for not keeping them in.

Layla felt like she would've felt better if she had stayed with them. They hadn't done anything bad to her. She wasn't needed. Layla felt a hand on her shoulder.

Lifting her tear-streaked face, she saw Lay standing there, shifting from one foot to the others. He held her hand.

"Come on." He said, pulling her outside, finally free from all the pain and all the pressure.

Lay led Jayne to the others and they welcomed her. They were hurt by her betrayal but they understood. When she asked for forgiveness, they forgave her. Kat didn't understand. Why would they forgive someone like her?

"I don't understand either. But I guess I forgive you too." Eunseuk said.

Kat stared open-mouthed at Eunseuk. "Y-you forgive me? I'm caused all your problems."

Eunseuk looked away. "I know. It hurt and it still does. But I know that you're truly sorry because you sacrificed your life for me. So I forgive you."

"..."

"Xiumin and Tao are at the hospital, so let's go home." Suho said.

Home. That word sounded so foreign to Kat. Had she ever had a true home before she coincidentally met Exo? These boys really changed her life around.

"Thanks." Kat whispered. The ten boys looked sort of confused but said nothing.

"We're going home?" Eunseuk asked.

"Yes." Kat said. "Home. All of us, together."

The End.

(A/N: Thank you all for reading!!! Finally finished my first story!! Thanks for bearing with me even though character development etc was kinda bad. I hope the next story will be better. Anyway, special thanks to Alyssa, Lydia, Danielle, Kaitlyn and Melody for supporting me the whole way!! I'll make an epilogue story.)