Xiumin's Secret

Kat rubbed her eyes and sat up. Immediately, she grimaced in pain. She couldn't move her neck or her shoulder.

The slowly creaked open. D.O entered. "Today is Sunday. Let's go to church."

"I'm not a Christian.", Kat replied. D.O was taken aback at this.

"O-ok. But why not you come with us to experience church?"

"I have a bad memory of church.", Kat said with a firm voice. "I'm not going. Plus, my neck hurts."

D.O went outside and consulted this with the rest of Exo. They decided that Xiumin would stay home and take care of Kat.

Kat wandered out of the room once she was sure they had all left.

"You awake now Kat?", Xiumin asked, scaring the living daylights out of Kat.

"Uh-uh- Yeah." Xiumin was sitting at the kitchen table doing his devotions.

They sat in silence as Kat ate breakfast that D.O made.

"What do you want to do today?"

"Anything."

"What about watching a movie? Playing a video game? Or going for a walk?", Xiumin suggested.

"I'm a little sore right now so maybe I'll hit the gym."

Xiumin's face hardened. "No. You're not going to hurt yourself even more."

Kat felt like she'd gotten slapped in the face. "They told you??!!! Well, you shouldn't care."

Xiumin grabbed her wrist and stared at her dead in the eye.

"Stop being so childish", he commanded.

Kat immediately hung her head, feeling embarrassingly immature.

"Sorry...", she muttered. She knew that Xiumin was just worried about her.

Xiumin's eyes softened. "Let's make a deal. You can go to the gym, but I'm going with you."

Kat brightened, and began marching to the gym.

She's like a kid, Xiumin thought, smiling to himself.

They met at the gym.

"Do you mind if I take my shirt off? Because usually I work out alone, and I sweat a lot...", Xiumin asked awkwardly.

Kat froze for a second, then relaxed, chuckling. It was ok, after all, he was just a cute baozi. Little did she know that Xiumin had an eight pack.

"Do you mind if I just wear a tank top and shorts?", Kat asked.

"Sure, why not.", Xiumin told her while taking off his shirt.

Kat took off her jacket and turned around, coming face to face with Xiumin shirtless.

Dayummm.... Kat thought. She totally did not expect his body to be so perfectly sculpted 👌. Truth is, neither did Xiumin. He tried not to stare. Kat, on the other hand, stared openly.

Clearing his throat, Xiumin asked casually, "So, you fight? Where'd you learn?"

Kat inwardly groaned. "Uh, just around here and there, I guess. My first boyfriend took me to fight. He was a boxer."

Xiumin raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I know, I shouldn't have broken his heart and everything. I just needed someone to teach me and nobody was willing to do that."

"Do you want me to teach you how to fight?"

"Ha! I'm pretty sure I can beat a baozi like you."

Kat instantly regretted saying this, because she was still kind of staring at his abs.

"Well, I guess, not exactly a baozi, maybe like a chocolate mochi because you have chocolate abs...", Kat rambled, unable to stop her train of thought.

Xiumin started to feel awkward again. He coughed.

"Let's just box and see who's better, on? If you win, I'll keep it a secret when you go out to fight but if I win, you're letting me teach you how to fight. And no going out without my permission.", he stammered.

"Deal."

Both of them stepped into the ring. They were serious now, and a tense feeling filled the air.

(A/N: And this is when SehunCat94 realizes she had f**ked up because she doesn't know anything about boxing 😂)

At the beginning it seemed like Kat was taking the lead. She connected some hits on Xiumin, even though he had his guard up. But Xiumin wore an easy smirk on his face. He was just testing how good Kat was. What Kat didn't know was that Xiumin used to be a great boxer dubbed Monster because of how merciless he was. Things took a bad turn, he fought on the street, but he managed to get ahold of himself. Xiumin didn't feel the need to tell Kat these things. She could just believe that he had just learned from something else. It would remain his secret.

He didn't want to hurt her because she was hurt already, but it would be unfair of him to go easy on her. Swiftly, Xiumin knocked Kat out with a left hook.

For Kat, everything went black. Slowly regaining consciousness, "Where am I?", she wondered aloud.

"Oh hey, you awake now?", Xiumin asked for the second time today. He was sitting down beside Kat, worriedly looking at her.

Realization dawned on Kat. "Dang it, you beat me, right?"

Xiumin smiled sheepishly. "I'm sorry?", he offered.

"Nah, it's fine. It was a fair win on your part.", Kat waved him off coolly.

"Alright then! Lesson one!" Xiumin announced, abruptly jumping to his feet.

"Yessir!", Kat saluted, but wavered, almost falling down because of how dizzy she was. Strong arms that she knew were Xiumin's caught her. He smelled good.

"Sorry, I guess I'm not feeling so good, heheh...", Kat ventured.

"Then we'll start off slowly. I won't teach you boxing because, well, street fighting doesn't really have strict rules, and the author doesn't know anything about boxing *cough cough*."

"Ok"

"The key to fighting is speed and wit. Strength too, of course, but those two tend to be a bit more effective. Like see here." Xiumin demonstrates fighting a dummy.

"I could take a lot of time to prepare one fatal blow against the head, but in that time, if my opponent stabs me, I'm done for."

Kat nodded. "I understand. I'm really sorry but I think I need a cup of water."

"No problem", Xiumin said, tossing her a bottle. "Tell me if you're too tired."

Kat fumbled with the water, accidentally opening it, spilling it all over the floor, slipping on it and pulling Xiumin down with her. By instinct, Xiumin put his hands under her head so that she wouldn't hit her head.

And, of course, that's when the door opened and the Exo members returned.

"MY YOUNG CHRISTIAN EYES!!!", Tao cried, running out of the room.

Everyone crowded around the door, speechless.

"This isn't what it looks like!", Xiumin shouted.

"That's what they all say...", Suho mumbled. Nobody else said a word. They all just stood staring at each other.