High School Kpop Star

"Your next project will be more difficult than it sounds." Mr. Bob said the following day.

All the students groaned. 'Difficult' wasn't a word they wanted to hear in the same sentence as 'project'.

"Form a group, make a name. This year's theme is 'precious stones', so choose your name accordingly. We will have a contest called "High school Kpop Star" in which your group will compete to be the best group among others. Any questions?"

"Is it just the grade 12's?"

"Yes."

"How many people can be in a group?"

"That's up to you, but keep in mind that everyone should be seen and have their own unique part."

"Do we just dance?"

"No, you sing, dance and rap. And one more thing. This isn't just a project started in this class; all the other classes are aware of this. You will need to make groups with people in different classes for your advantage."

RING DING DONG~~ The bell rang. Yes, the bell is the Shinee song. (R.I.P Jonghyun. We love you). As you might expect, everyone dropped their stuff and danced the dance.

"Heyy Kat do you want to be in the same group as us?" Chen and Baekhyun asked.

"No, Kat come to our group!", Xiumin, D.O and Suho called.

Kat was torn. "Uh- I'll think about it... I'm not sure... can't we just all be in the same group?"

"We can't, because that'll be unfair for votes. Plus, too many people."

But Mr.Bob called, "Choose some members of your group NOW! The other class is coming soon!"

"Then I'll go with Chen and Baekhyun because they asked first. Sorry."

"Yesss!" Chen yelled, shooting away the rejected three.

"Who else are we going to have in our group?"

"I was thinking maybe Chanyeol and Sehun. They'll probably take Kai and Layla."

"Oh ok. Hm. That may be a problem... Kai's such a good dancer!"

"Sehun's really good too. Don't worry." The other Exo members came in and Sehun and Chanyeol joined them.

"What's our team name going to be? We should choose something opposite the other guys."

Suho walked over. "We were thinking of choosing our name as Sapphire. Why don't you choose a different coloured gem?"

"What about ruby?" Chanyeol suggested.

"Sapphire and Ruby is a Pokémon thing..." Chen complained.

"What's another red stone?" Sehun asked.

"Garnet!" Chen exclaimed.

"There's already a webtoon with the group name Garnet, so we can't use it. That would be plagiarism." Kat informed.

"It's a webtoon. They wouldn't know." Chanyeol told her.

"Plus, another group is already doing Garnet."

"What about Emerald?" Kat asked. "It's not red, but green vs blue would be interesting too."

"Then Emerald it is." Baekhyun decided.

"I'm guessing Baekhyun is group leader?" Chanyeol asked.

"Uh no thanks.." Baekhyun backed out.

"Hey, what if Kat is group leader? I'm sure she'll do great!" The votes were unanimous and Kat was appointed group leader.

"Annyeonghaseyo Emerald imnida" Kat nervously practiced and then hid her face in her hands. "Gaaaah! That's so cringy!"