TWELVE - THE ONE WITH THE TRAGIC LOVE STORY

A LONG CHAPTER TO MAKE UP FOR MY LACK OF UPDATE!! lots of best friend talk with austin because i just love their friendship. also, lots of angst, anGST, AND ANGST!

 also, lots of angst, anGST,  AND ANGST!

word count: [4238]

I opened my eyes, blinking a few times to adjust to waking up. I was about to sit up when I realized that there was a pair of arms around me. I glanced up, seeing Austin sleeping soundly. He was leaned up against the side of the couch, and I was leaned up against him. During our sleep, he had wrapped his arms around me.

I didn't want to wake him up, but at the same time, my neck hurt and I wanted to sit up. I tried to wiggle myself out of his grasp, but it was no use. I started to nudge him, waiting for him to wake up. He slowly started to wake up.

He was confused at first, taking in his surrounds before his eye met mine. He blinked once before fully waking.

"No one thought to wake us up, so we could sleep in the rooms?" He asked, stretching his arms out. I took that as the opportunity to sit up and stretch as well.

He glanced over at the clock. "It's only about seven o'clock, Eliana!" He exclaimed. "Why'd you wake me up so early?"

"I needed to stretch," I said sheepishly. "You were kind of trapping me."

"Well, the boys won't be up at this time," Austin commented. "They'll slowly start waking up, one-by-one, soon though. Actually, I think Edwin's already at the gym." He stood up. "I'm going to go clean myself up a bit. You can go to the guest restroom down there," he said, pointing to it. "There's spare toothbrushes and stuff like that in there."

I thanked him quietly before heading to the restroom. I looked in the mirror when I walked in. I placed both of my heads on the counter and stared at the mirror, memories from last night came rushing into my brain. I shook my head, already tired thinking about it. I didn't want to think about it anymore, so I just focused on brushing my teeth and washing my face.

When I walked back into the living room, Austin wasn't back yet. I think he was showering because I heard the sounds of water hitting the floor. I just sat on the couch, staring into the open space. I didn't know what to do.

Was I going to get attacked everytime I was seen with the boys?

Many thoughts kept twirling around in my brain as I waited for Austin. When he did come back, I was sitting there, lost in my own thoughts that I didn't even notice at first.

"Eliana?" He called out to me quietly.

I snapped out of my daze. "What?"

"What are you doing?" Austin asked, confused as he went to go sit next to me.

"Nothing," I waved it off.

He gave me a look, almost like he disapproved or was... disappointed. "Eliana," he started tiredly, "we're friends right?" I merely nodded weakly, not understanding where he's going with this. "As your friend, I know you're lying. Also, as your friend, I want you to really tell me what's going on. You know that I'm always here, right?"