TWENTY-FIVE - THE ONE WHO GOT THREATENED

kinda a filler chapter but stuff really hits the fan

word count: [2811]

After our talk, things went back to normal. We were both happy again, and we both had an understanding with each other.

Tour started and it was going great. Of course, that meant that meant that I saw less of Brandon, but it was all okay. I ventured out on my own sometimes when the boys had soundcheck or rehearsals or when they had to work on something new. I found that I liked going on my own adventures. No matter what I did, no matter how fun or boring my day was without him, I'd take on vlogging my day for him, so that he could see what he was up to. At the end of the day, we laid in bed and watched the videos together. It became our favorite part of the day.

I always found myself ending up at the local hospital or the shelter or a nursing home. I found that I liked to volunteer if the place lets me. It was nice being able to make them smile and be happy. I felt like I had some purpose, instead of just lounging around in the hotel or the tour bus all day.

Also, whenever Brandon had to sing our song with Melanie, he refused to look at her and only look towards the audience. The fans didn't know, but he was actually always searching the audience for me and continued to sing our song only to me. That was also a good thing.

So everything is going great.

I still grimace whenever Brandon and Melanie have to act like a couple, but it gets better because Brandon always reassures me that the whole thing is fake. He tends to search for me whenever he's with her and discreetly makes funny faces to makes me laugh or winks at me in his boyish ways.

But yeah, we're happy.

I was currently backstage, on my phone, looking up some local places I could visit tomorrow. Melanie casually walked in, and I could feel her presence because she was standing a bit too close for comfort.

I turned off my phone and glanced up at her. "Can I help you with anything?" I asked.

She scoffed. "You can drop that act now."

I looked at her, confused. "What act?"

"This whole innocent act." She pointed at me with her hands, moving her arms in an up and down motion.

"I don't understand what you're saying," I said, which loosely translated to 'What is this girl on?' in my mind.

"You're really pathetic," she sneered.

I stood up, intending to walk away from her because I wasn't just going to let her insult me for no reason.

"How can you risk ruining Brandon's career like this?" I stopped because she was just being ridiculous. The accusation sounded so far off. "You know you can't be with Brandon in public for a very long time without the mechanisms dragging Brandon down. You do know how hard Brandon tried to erase his image, don't you? He can never be with you, truly, now."