THIRTEEN - THE ONE WITH A WORRIED BEST FRIEND

word count: [3786]

word count: [3786]

A few days after we got back from LA, I found myself in the alleyway once again. I was pleasantly surprised to find another painting had blessed my presence on the wall. I stared at it in awe. I believe it's the same artist as the last "new" one because it was the same style of artwork. However, this one was a girl with her face covered by her hands. It was simple, but quite beautiful because surrounding her were halos of bright, bright color. Her figure seemed so dark, but her environment seemed to be one of a beautiful life. There were butterflies around her too, and I wonder why butterflies?

I sat down on a crate.

"You're here again."

I turned my head to the voice and was shocked to see Brandon walking towards me.

"Well, this is my place," I shrugged because I had already told him this.

"Honestly, I think this has become my place too."

"I guess I can share," I shrugged, joking lightly. I scooted over on the crate, so he could sit down too. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be out there avoiding the paparazzi in your own black outfits, looking like death itself?"

He squinted his eyes at me. "I think I liked it better when you were just blabbing on and on, than you making jokes that low-key offend me."

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. I am really sorry. If you don't believe me, I can give you something. Or do you want me to make you something? I can make some food, but if you want dessert, then you're kind of out of luck. One time, I tried to make a cake, and it just flat out deflated when I took it out of the over. It looked squished, but it tasted all right, I think, so maybe I could give it a try. I am really sorry, so I'll try anything."

Brandon sighed, closing his eyes. He reopened them and said, "Guess I had that one coming. Anyways, I just talked to Corinna."

I sucked in a breath. "And how did that go?"

"Better than I expected," he said. "You were right. She's strong and mostly unbothered. She's more upset about the fact that people can't mind their own business than what they're saying about her."

I nodded. "Sounds like her. I told you that you didn't have to worry," I said, bumping his shoulder with mine in a friendly manner.

"Yeah. I think Terry is setting up another date for us soon," he informed me.

I ignored the churning in my stomach. "I'm surprised she didn't call me to talk about it yet." Just then, my phone went off. I glanced down at it and saw a message from Terry. "Guess I spoke too soon." I read the message out loud. "Date night for Brandon and Corinna tonight. This one's really important, Eliana." I gave Brandon a serious look. You guys better not mess around this time. I think she's serious. I don't want my head to be bitten off."