EPILOGUE

here it is folks, the FINAL CHAPTER. don't mind me as i go off to cry.

make sure to vote and comment though!

word count: [6878]

"I miss you so much," I whined into the phone. At this point, I don't even care if I sound like a baby. I simply just miss him so much. That's all that matters.

"I'm coming back from the airport right now," he said.

"Come by my place," I told him—basically begging him.

He groaned. "I can't stay over tonight. I have something super important tomorrow. I have to get up super early. I think it's best if I just go back to mine."

"You can just pack your stuff and come over," I told him, which may be selfish but I'm sure he missed me too. "Or I already have some of your clothes here. You don't need to go back to your place."

"I wish, baby girl, but it's more of a formal meeting." I pout. I can't think of any other option rights now, and it makes me mad at myself. "I can hear you pouting. None of that."

Then, the most absurd idea came to my mind. I blurted it out before I had time to think it over. "You can just move in with me. It'll be easier. We're always staying with each other. It makes more sense than moving in with you because of the boys, but if you don't want to, I totally understand. It's kind of stood that I even brought it up. It was kind of just a spur of the moment sort of thing—"

There was a knock at my door.

"Hold up," I told him.

I opened the door to see Brandon standing in front of me. "What? What'd you just say?" He asked.

His question makes me pause for a moment because what did I just say? Him being here, right in the flesh, almost makes me backtrack because I haven't seen him in weeks. But him being here also makes me realize that I do mean my earlier words. Sure, I didn't plan it, but I'm sure of it. "Move in with me?" I whispered with a nonchalant shrug.

His face broke out into this beautiful smile. He tackled me into a hug, and I giggled into his neck. I was on my toes, tittering back and forth as he swayed me. "Figures you'd miss me too much," he teased, a breath against my cheek.

"Like you don't miss me just as much," I threw back at him, still in his embrace.

❅ ❅ ❅

"Why didn't you pick up?" I asked in a rushed manner. I was kind of hysterical right now because this was not how I planned this to go.

"This was supposed to be a surprise," he groaned, stepping into our house. "How do you always manage to ruin my surprises?" I knew he was a bit upset, but the little grin on his face told me that he wasn't really upset and that he wasn't going to stay upset. For now. He cupped my shocked face in his hands and gave me a kiss.