FORTY-FIVE - THE ONES WHO GOT EXPOSED

SO SORRY FOR THE VERY LATE UPDATE BUT I HAD FINALS

MAKE SURE TO VOTE AND COMMENT FOR THIS CHAPTER. MOSTLY FLUFF. HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT

 HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT

word count: [3237]

ONE WEEK INTO THEIR RELATIONSHIP

I was currently on the phone with Brandon. "Brandon! You have to take down that selfie you put on your story now!" I said hurriedly, shaking my head at my idiot boyfriend.

"What? Why?" He sounded so confused. My heart and head hurt for him, and of course, for me. It's only been a week.

"Just delete it. Now, babe," I said tiredly, letting my head fall back into my pillow.

"Okay, okay. I deleted it." He was worried, I know, but I can't get over how incredibly unbothered he is. I knew he wouldn't be this calm if he knew what he had just done. It was laughable. "What's wrong, baby girl?"

I rolled my eyes and let myself close my eyes to relax for one moment. "The frame I gave you with a picture of us? The one you had on your nightstand ever since?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

I laughed. "It was in the background, silly." I heard him curse in the background, which made me laugh even harder. "I'm really expecting to get death threats sent to me any second now. I can only imagine the headlines now. They probably made some stuff up already like how I blackmailed you and forcing you to date me again."

"You're so funny," he deadpanned. "I'm so sorry." I knew he was really apologetic. "It was only up for a few seconds. I don't think anyone saw. If they did, it's blurry so I don't think they have any concrete evidence." He was rambling now. He sounded insecure like he was scared he already messed up, but I didn't care about that.

Of course, I was worried about our relationship getting exposed, but I wouldn't care that much if it had happened. I, obviously, wouldn't be mad at Brandon.

"It's okay, really." To distract him I said, "Oh my God. Someone thinks it's a picture of you and Corinna?"

He laughed at that. "Are you serious? I can't believe that's still a thing."

"Well, you guys still hang out. I guess it's also a logical assumption."

He hummed. "She offered to fake date me again to keep the heat off of us," he commented.

"Are you serious?" I asked, thinking about his comment. I feel like the times of fake-dating were such a long time ago, but I guess it really wasn't that long ago. It's weird now that I think about it. How that life of ours wasn't that long ago.

"Yeah," he mused, and I could almost picture how his lips were quirked up into a smile. I rolled onto my side, loving his voice as he is talking to me. "She gave me a really stern talking to the other day." I could hear him laying down too. "I think her exact words were," he paused to add dramatic effect, that dork, "I swear if you hurt another hair on her precious head, I will kick you over the head."