FORTY-TWO - THE ONE WHO LOVES HIM

MAKE SURE TO VOTE AND COMMENT

word count: [2232]

ONE MONTH LATER

@elianaviolet: girls and guys can just be friends without anything else going on lol

"Are my fans giving you a hard time again?" Brandon asked from his spot on our handmade bed. I was leaning against the wall, and Brandon was laying down with his head slightly tilted towards my direction. He showed me the tweet I posted a couple hours ago.

"You know, just the normal stuff," I said, shrugging it off because, at this point, it just became an everyday thing. "People accusing me that I'm using you for money. People accusing me of leading you on. People convinced we're dating."

"Well, you are on vacation with me, and I did pay," he teased, glancing up at me.

I threw one of our little pillows at his face. "You insisted because you were the one that wanted to go on vacation."

He looked around like he was considering my words. "I can't believe we're the type of people who are on vacation but are holed up in a closet."

"We are in our makeshift fort," I corrected him. "And don't complain. I bought all the materials. I bought the pillows, the sheets, and the lights for this. I even bought a little stool so we can put the laptop on and watch Netflix."

He cuddled up to me and nudged me to lay down beside him. I slid down next to him so that our heads were touching now. "The lights are really pretty. I love how much effort you put into this."

"You know how I always wanted to make a fort," I reminded him. "This time, we made it work," I said, quirking my lips up a bit into a small grin.

"Do you like the picture I put of us on the wall though?" It's a picture of him licking my face, and I just look disgusted and also disgusting. But it's cute. He framed it and everything. He even wrote 'B+E,' and when I looked at it for the first time, it made my heart warm and flutter. He's so cute.

He was looking at me while he was biting his lip. He looked at me all teasingly, but there was something else in his eyes that looked soft and hopeful so I whispered, "I love it."

His lips broke out into a grin, and it made me have trouble thinking. "How are the kids at the center?"

"They're all good," I answered, looking off to the side. "It's just Dante. There's something happening with Dante at home. He- he comes in with bruises, and I know he's happy being at the center, but it's getting hard to send him home not knowing what happens to him at home."

He somehow managed to intertwine his pinky with my own pinky. "You can't force him to open about to you."

"I know," I replied somberly.