TWENTY - THE ONE WHO ALMOST GOT CAUGHT

this whole chapter is mostly fluff. they're in their honeymoon phase.
REACH THE GOAL AND I WILL UPDATE ON MAY 30TH

word count: [2,685]

"Brandon, you're doing it wrong!" I accused him. I tried to look angry at him, but honestly, I think it just looked more like a lame pout.

"How am I doing it wrong?" He laughed. "You just can't catch it."

"Well, if you threw it right, I wouldn't have to catch it!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up. "It would just fall right in!"

"Baby girl, this requires teamwork," he said.

I huffed. "Whatever, you're still horrible."

He gave me a peck on the lips and that smallest kiss made my heart swell still every single time. I beamed up at him as he pulled away.

"Let's give it another try, yeah?" He asked, grabbing another grape. He made it a point to hold it out and squint his eyes to aim. I sat there, raising my eyebrow at him, waiting. He shrugged and said, "Got to make sure it's perfect for you, mi'lady."

"Brandon," I groaned.

"Okay, ready?" He asked, getting ready to throw the grape.

"Always," I smiled, opening my mouth.

He threw the grape, and I moved my head to the side by a bit. In a miraculous turn of events, the grape landed in my mouth; it was the first time in the full hour we've been trying to do this.

"Oh my gosh! We did it!" I exclaimed as I chewed the grape.

I threw myself at him. I wrapped my arms around his neck. I kissed the corner of his mouth. His arms wrapped around my waist gently. I heard him chuckle, and I could feel his breath hit my ears.

I pulled away from him, but we were still close--about a few inches apart. I think I was smiling, like really big. It was confirmed though when Brandon asked me about it.

"I'm just really happy," I whispered.

"So am I," he said, touching my lips. My face rested nicely against his palm. "I wish I could tell the whole world that you're mine." I blushed. "I haven't been this happy in awhile."

"I'm glad. You deserve it."

"Why do you always say that? What if I didn't?" He asked. He wasn't frustrated, but he spoke in a tone that was more like admiration.

"I may not know a lot about you or about your past, but that doesn't matter anymore. I know about your present and your future--the person who are now and the person you want to be. That person deserves happiness, and I'll be so grateful if I am even a little part of that happiness."

"You, Eliana Violet, are the reason for most of my happiness. For you, I will continue to show that I'm the person you believe me to be, the person who deserves happiness."