>9<

Amber's POV

"Amber...." Someone whispers, shaking me awake.

I groan before rubbing my eyes. "5 minutes..." I yawn, burying my head deeper into the warm object my arms are wrapped around.

A deep voice chuckles and I peak to see what made the noise.

Ethan.

I'm holding onto his arm.

Jolting awake, I jump away, staring at the arm.

Ethan smiles.

"It's 9..... Wasn't sure if you wanted me to wake you up..... I can drop you home."

"O-Oh, Yeah.... of course. Thanks" I stutter, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly.

Ethan grabs a set of car keys from a stand and pulls down a letterman jacket, slinging it around to cover himself.

As he leans to open his front door, he turns his head to me. "Don't you have a coat? It's chilly."

I shake my head. "Left it at home."

He nods slowly, slipping his arms out of his sleeves and hands it to me.

I look up at him questionably, still holding the jacket.

"What?" He asks.

I gesture towards the article of clothing.

He scoffs jokingly. "And you're running for honour roll? Put it on, silly." He chuckles.

Oh.

Slowly and hesitantly, I put it on, careful not to look weird as Ethan stifles a laugh again, watching me act so stiff.

"Done?" He asks, before I nod my head.

That's when I hear footsteps.

"Ethan? Where're you- Oh."

It's Grayson.

"Ambers still home?" He asks awkwardly. "Did you guys..."

"No!" I quickly exclaim. "I-I just fell asleep. He's just dropping me home..."

Grayson nods. "W-Well..... Goodnight." He says, walking down the last step and into his kitchen across the hall.

Ethan laughs to himself, mumbling "weirdo." Under his breath. "Let's go." He finally tells me, holding the door open for me to which I politely smile.

__

Ethan quietly drives as I awkwardly look out the window.

That is, until he presses a knob on his dashboard to get music to blast from the side of the cars speakers.

Finesse plays and I squeal in excitement.

"Drop top Porsche! Rolley on my wrist..." I sing, moving my arms with the beat.

Ethan looks over with an amused look on his face. Then, as soon as Bruno mars starts singing, I hear his voice.

"Oooooh, don't we look good together? There's a reason why they watch all night long...." He starts, bobbing his head to the music singing horribly.

I giggle, singing with a smile on my face.

When the hook starts, we yell the lyrics and I was confident that neighbourhoods far away could hear us.

A huge smile is on my face once the song is over and it seems to be the same for Ethan.

"Hey, you wanna head to Mc Donald's? I'm starving!" He asks, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Alright, I guess we can stop there."

__
__

"It's on me." Ethan tells me, keeping an arm In front of me to prevent me from paying.

He ended up paying.

__

I shove another chicken nugget in my mouth, aware that I have like, 3 in my mouth now altogether.

"You're going to explode at that rate y'know..." Ethan chuckles, taking a bite of his burger.

I ignore him and continue chewing. My jaw stops though, when I see his hand enter my vision and grab a chicken nugget. My hand whips down and slaps his hand. It doesn't seem to affect him because he takes it and pops it into his mouth anyways.

"Get that ouf of yer mouf!" I growl with my mouth full.

Ethan puts a hand to his ear. "Sorry, I don't understand. Maybe you should finish chewing....."

I swallow thickly. "I'll fight you for my nuggets. Don't test me...."

He puts his hands up in defence. "It's one..."

I steal a fry before he covers his remaining fries in defence.

"Mine."

"Well, it's just one." I mock, sticking my tongue out. "Maybe I'll get another....." I mumble after.

Ethan pulls his fries closer to his chest. "Woah woah! What happened to one?"

"Yeah.... But one fry isn't worth one chicken nugget." I grin, making him roll his eyes.

__

"This your house?" Ethan asks, pulling up into my driveway, turning his head to me slightly.

"Yep." I reply, checking the time on the dashboard of his car. 

It's 11:28Pm.

Surprisingly, not as late as I thought it'd be.

"Alright cool..." He says, putting the car to a stop. "Today was fun....." He says, flickering his eyes to my lips. "You think..... You think we could do it again?" He asks hopefully.

I smile, hopping out of the car.

"Of course, Dolan."

Ethan grins, trying to hide his smile before coughing and giving a small smirk to cover it up. "I'll see you later?"

"I guess so. Drive safe." I reply, walking towards the front porch of my house as he backs the car away.

As his car turns to the left, out of my driveway, I can't help but notice the huge smile drawn across his face.