Chapter 45

(Achelle's dress in the picture!)

...

"Dear God, what should I do?" Tara was walking up and down the room like a madwoman.

"Calm down maybe?" I suggested.

"I can't just 'calm down'! You are burning for weeks and the pain still lingers in your bones!"

Yeah...that's right.

My heat is not even close to an end.

And I miss Alex.

Terribly.

"Look, I don't feel the pain right now because I was laying in a bathtub full of ice for hours. That actually helped. And my body temperature...well that's how it is." I tried to reason her but she isn't giving in.

Dang.

"I can't leave you! I have to take care of you!"

"No, you don't."

Tonight is the full moon and it will become golden when it rises.

It appears every spring and every pack celebrates it.

It is a very special night for our pack because it is called by that moon.

The tradition says - every single mate has to mate and those who are already mated, ought to mate again.

It is usually respected. Not always.

For Lunas and Alphas is different - if they mate, there will possibly be little babies.

So yes, there is a very high chance for the Luna to stay pregnant.

"Achelle, I don't have to go. Ryan is okay with it." I rolled my eyes.

I know how much this means to her and I will not let this bitch of a heat ruin Tara's and Ryan's tradition.

"I don't want to listen to you. Go home, wear your outfit and go to the celebration. The moon will be up soon."

"Doll, I love you, but I just can't leave you alone and go to the party with others."

Now...

I've been debating about something and I think it will be done tonight.

"I won't be alone." I smiled.

"Aria is a cat, you need me. She won't help you."

"She is my cat and she understands. Do not offend her.

And I wasn't talking about her."

I was talking about my mate.

"Sean found himself some buddies and he'll probably hang out with them."

"Alex."

"What about him?" I laughed at her dumbness.

"I want him to be with me."

"You do know that your heat was the exact same reason why he left the house?"

"I do." I looked at her and quirked my eyebrow.

Will you get what I want to say or not?

"OH MY GOOOOD! ALPHA BAAABIEEEESS!"

"Shut up, no one's pregnant."

"But you will be."

"Hush. Now allow me to get ready." I stood up from my bed and sat on the chair in front of my mirror. Thank God I took a shower an hour before, I don't have to be in a hurry.

"Where do you think you're going? Your scent will drive unmated wolves crazy!" She told me in a surprised voice.

"Remember what I am?"

"My niece?"

"A witch. The one that can do a lot of cool stuff. Helpful stuff."

"You're about to mask your scent on a higher level, right?" She grinned.

"Yes. Only Alex will be able to catch my scent."

"Nice. I wish I had such a brain, I would never come up with that."

I laughed and started to chant. I chanted and chanted for minutes. When I was finally done, I felt like I had a shield around my body. That means the chant was successful.

"You made it! I can't catch any other scent except mine! Go, girl!" Tara squealed in happiness.

"I'm impressed too since it's the first time I tried it out. What color should I wear? Black or golden?" I asked my overly excited aunt.

"You can combine."

Hmm...I opened my wardrobe and immediately spotted my perfect outfit. I imagined how would it look on me and, voila, I'm all dressed up thanks to my necklace.

"Wow. Just wow." Tara wore a satisfied smile on her face.

"Oh, come on, it's just a tight, long, leg-revealing black dress paired with golden stilettos."

"'It's just a tight, long, leg-revealing ...' Just that. Girl, you are hot and you know it." She gaped at me once again.

"I wore something so simple and you're acting as if I wore only my black lace underwear." I chuckled.

"You are beautiful in everything. Even those hideous, huge T Shirts you live in."

"Why thank you." I stuck my tongue out and she laughed. I sat back down and looked at my reflection.

"Just let your hair loose and your done." She smiled at me.

"Should I put make-up? You know I'm too lazy for that." I asked.

"Only lip gloss. Nothing else." I nodded.

She took a lip gloss from my little bag that held a mascara, a few eye shadows and some lip glosses and lipsticks. I don't really use make-up.

Tara applied the lip gloss on my lips and untied my ponytail, fixing my long curly hair.

"Here. You're all sexy and ready to sweep Alex off his feet." I giggled and she did the same.

"We are going to be so late! I didn't even start to get ready!" Now she started to panic.

"Sit." She sat on my chair. I placed my hand on her shoulder and closed my eyes. When I opened them, Tara was dressed in a tight, sparkling golden dress and black pumps. I did her make-up and hair.

Make-up was a simple as mine - lip gloss from her purse.

Her black hair is collected in a fishtail braid like a crown and she looks amazing.

"Did you say something about being late?" I teased.

"Blah, blah. Let's go, it's been an hour and a half since the sunset." She pulled me down the stairs and stopped to look at me.

"Remember: if you feel that you're ready to complete the mating proces, than you're ready. Don't overthink it - do it.

It feels perfect, especially the first time.

For you two it will be even more special - your souls will connect and you'll feel it and see it." She brushed a stubborn curl from my eyes and smiled.

"I can't believe you grew up this fast. Good luck, baby girl." She hugged me tight and took my hand.

"Let's make our men's eyes fly out of their sockets." She winked and I laughed.

Tara opened the door and we left.