Chapter 10

I got home and sat in my living room. What will happen? 

Tara and mama scared me. My mom left me a dress that I'm not supposed to touch before Alex's ball. But why? I wasn't planning on going there anyway.

Does that mean something? What did my mom know? Ugh, I'm so desperate for answers! All of this is weird. And what about the necklace?

Why can't I just put it on?

"It's not just a necklace," said Tara. 

No...it's a car. Oh, Goddess, I'm going crazy.

I got up from the couch and took the necklace from my backpack. I sat back down. Why is this crystal so special? What does it hide? Is it made just for me? Who made this? While my mind was occupied with tons of questions, something caught my eye. Huh?

There, right in the middle of the white crystal, appeared a black line. What's going on?!

'It's time.' Di said.

Wha...and then I heard it. My clock. IT'S MIDNIGHT.

...

First, my back started to ache and then pain struck my whole body. I heard my bones snap and felt them moving under my skin. I saw them moving. I was screaming bloody murder. This was unbelievable. I've never felt this kind of pain, ever. Not even when I was shot and when my leg was ripped open. The pain was only getting worse. I haven't shifted yet. Something is wrong, so wrong. I'm fighting this for two hours already.

Last thing I remember is that I let out an ear piercing scream and it made me so weak that I passed out.

...

I woke up on the floor. Why am I lying here? Wait. Last night...my shift! Holy cow, it's morning already!

I tried to get up but failed. Comon! I need to...

OMG.

NO.

I DID NOT JUST SEE A WHITE PAW.

I looked down at my legs. I'm in my wolf form. But...

'HAAAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLL!!' Someone shouted.

'Di?'

'That would be me. So...how do like your new body?'

'I...Diana...we are white?!' I shouted in my head.

'We are.' She calmly answered.

How can she be so calm?! I went down the hall on jelly legs and stood in front of my mirror. It was true. I'm a white wolf. 

A WHITE WOLF. 

WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING?

'Di, why the hell am I white?!' I asked my friend.

'You go sit. I'll explain everything.'

'How to I go back to human form?' I need to put that necklace on...

'Just think of your normal body and you'll go back to your human form.' She explained. 'Oh, and you'll need a T-Shirt because you'll be naked.'

'Okay, thank you.' I walked over to my bathroom and took one of my over sized T-Shirts with my mouth and went back to the living room.

I thought of my fingers, toes, nose, lips, my long hair and then I felt my body changing. I opened my eyes and was met with my naked ass. Great. I put on my T-Shirt and ran to my room for some panties. When I was decent, I got back to the living room and sat down.