Chapter 46

ALEX'S P.O.V.

"Mate, you've got to be kidding! No way you did that!" I laughed at Brooklyn.

"I swear to God I made some of the food for tonight!" He defended himself.

"Okay, okay. I was just teasing." I patted his back and he smiled.

"I wish Ach was here to try it and see that I actually learned something out of all that fire I caused at your house..." He sighed and I knew that he, indeed, was sad that she isn't here.

"Me too." Now I missed her even more. It's been more than a week and I can't take it anymore.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring her up, I know how much you miss her and..." I interrupted him with a slap on the back of his head.

"Shut up. It's okay. Calm down." He nodded and I laughed at his pained face.

Suddenly, a smell of vanilla invaded my senses.

Vanilla.

My cupcake.

"Hello, darlings!" She wrapped her arms around my torso and I gasped.

What the hell is wrong with me?

"Ach, what are you doing here?" I asked through gritted teeth.

She must've sensed that I'm irritated with her being outside and I'm sure she whined. But, Achelle being Achelle, covered it up.

"I came to the party." She looked at Brooklyn who had his jaw wide open.

Wh..?

When I looked down...my mouth went dry.

There she was, clinging onto me, wearing a sexy ass dress that was revealing her legs. I also realized that she was reaching up to my shoulder tonight - she had golden stilettos on her feet.

Wow.

I sure have a beautiful mate.

"Elle? You're really here?" And now we know Brooklyn wasn't staring at her because he felt lust. He was just surprised with her being here, alive and in one piece. Also, only he calls her Elle.

"I am. Missed you, Bry." She jumped from my grip and hugged her, as she says, brother.

"Missed you too. I have been so worried! This asshole has been a plant when you were gone...well, we all have been." He spoke rapidly.

"I know, I'm sorry for putting you all through that. By the way...where are my twins?" She looked around, searching for the screaming idiots. I love them too, but they're annoying sometimes.

And then...

"BAAAAABYY!!! ACHELLEEEE!!" ...here they are.

"PUUMPKINNSSS!!" She squealed in happiness.

They grabbed her in a bone-crushing hug. Immediately, they started to talk and scream and jump and hug again.

At least she's happy.

Twins picked her up and spun around. I saw tears on her face and a sad smile on her lips.

"Stop." I barked and they put her down. She looked at them, hugged them and kissed their cheeks.

"Bye, pumpkins. Love you." They smiled and left to join the party. Brooklyn followed them too after saying bye to Ach.

She turned around and approached me. I took her hand and pulled her closer.