Chapter 49

ANNABELLE'S P.O.V.

It's been three weeks since my son and Achelle mated.

Two weeks ago, they accepted their Luna and Alpha titles.

And 7 days ago...

Achelle started to feel very ill.

"Mom." Alex tapped my shoulder.

"Oh, I'm sorry. What's wrong, dear?" I asked my only son.

"Achelle...she...there's so much blood mom and I..." He chocked out.

Blood?!

"Where is she?!" I stood up, freaked out.

"Still in my old room. Please...hurry."

I was already running up the stairs, he didn't have to tell me twice.

My baby, what's wrong again?

She has been so sick recently.

I have no idea what to do.

When I entered the room, first thing I did was screamed.

Achelle was covered with some sheets and looking at her lower abdomen, I almost screamed - the sheet was soaked with blood.

"Dear girl, what happened?" I ran to her and took a towel from the drawer to help her clean up.

"Mama...I..." She started to talk but her voice broke. She is too weak.

"Shh, it's okay. I'll help you to clean up and then we'll figure out what happened. What do you say, beautiful?" She smiled and nodded.

...

After I replaced the bloody sheets with clean ones, Alex brought Achelle from the shower. He helped her wash up because she really can't do anything. He laid her gently on the bed and covered her with the comforter.

I had to hold my tears in. They way my son took care of his mate...it was such a beautiful thing.

"I love you." He told her and kissed her forehead. "I'll be downstairs while mom talks to you, okay, baby?" She nodded 'yes', whispered an 'I love you' and Alex left us alone.

"Are you feeling any better?" I asked.

"No." She answered honestly.

"Oh, Lord. I don't know what's going on with you, my dear girl."

"I...today..." She started and I looked at her.

"I was...sitting on...the bed. Alex and I...were talking...and...I felt this pain and...I bled out." She made it - she said much more today than during the whole week.

"All of a sudden?" I asked, surprised.

"Yes. I don't...understand...either."

"That, indeed, is strange. I'll do a little research and try to find out what causes things like this. I've never seen anything like this. And I'm terrified, I must be honest." I told her.

"I know. And you're...not the only one...who's terrified." She laughed a little and that made me smile.

"I'll leave you to rest now and send Alex up, that okay with you?"

"Yes. Good night and...thank you for...taking care of me."

"It's nothing, honey. Good night." I kissed her cheek and left the room.

Only God knows what's up with her.

...

I am currently in the library, surrounded by all kinds of books, trying to find out what's wrong with my daughter-in-law.