Chapter 57

Moon God, Achelle's father (Lucky Blue Smith) in the picture!

...

'No! Don't give up, honey!' I panicked.

I can't lose him!!

'But...the light is not here!' He cried out.

'Shh. It's going to be alright. I'll help you. Now, what does the light look like?' I tried to sooth my little boy and save his life.

'I-I don't know. Lennon was supposed to show it to me but then I...it was like I fell asleep. I don't know how. I'm sorry, mommy, don't be mad with me.'

'Gray, don't panic. Mommy loves you a lot. I am not mad, munchkin. Think about the problem we have. Do you have to catch the light or jump into it?' I have no clue where did that idea come from but maybe it'll help.

'I know we have to catch it. It looks like a wolf. But everyone has their own colour. But I don't know colours!' He started to cry again and I couldn't bare it.

'Calm down, love.' He sniffled and then took a deep breath. 'Try looking for a soft gray light. It's the colour of your fur. Look at your paws.' I also have no clue where did that come from but my instincts tell me it's the right thing to do.

'MOMMY!' He screamed out. It wasn't a panicked or a scared scream...hmm.

'Yes? Did you find it?'

'I love you, mommy.'

And that's the last thing he said to me before I felt the baby in my arms move and start to cry.

HE'S ALIVE.

MY SON IS ALIVE.

AFTER HOURS OF TRYING, I BROUGHT HIM BACK.

"Oh, my love, you gave your mommy a heart attack." I kissed his cheeks and he put his tiny palm on my cheek.

Then...

All I saw was black.

...

"Hello?" I was in my bloody pajama, in some beautiful garden full of my favourite flowers - peonies, roses and anemones. There was no one there. The only thing that could be heard was the birds singing and the flow of water in the stream somewhere near. It was amazing and, I was in love.

"My child." A rough, yet gentle voice said.

I turned around and saw a young man with white hair and beautiful gray eyes. He was very handsome and his steps were really graceful.

Wait.

Steps?

He was now right in front of me. I took a step back.

"Who are you? Where am I?" I was confused about my whereabouts and very angry for being taken away from my pups.

"I am your father, your real father. Don't you see the resemblance?" I just frowned at him. 

We only had similar eyes... 

"And you are at home, your real home, where you were supposed to be born 20 years ago." He explained my other question.

"How did I come here? Last thing I remember is my baby boy touching my cheek... And how do I know you're not lying about being my father?" I glared at him and he laughed.

He what?

Oh, he's dead.

"Your son has your vision powers. He can talk to me and your mother whenever he wants, same as you. He wanted you to meet me. He thought it would be nice for you to meet the guy who helped him find his light." He's only been born and he can do that? Holy Molly.

And what?!

"You...brought my son back to me?"

"You brought him back, I helped a little. See it as a gift from your old man." I was speechless. This man, who claims to be my father (By the way, looks waay hotter than me!), helped my son to come back to me. 

I...wow.

"You deserve to be happy. I didn't want you and Alexander to suffer that kind of a loss as me and your mom did."

"I don't know how to thank you enough. I really appreciate it. How can I repay you?"

"Just trust me." He said and then pointed to my head. "Your hair just turned silvery white. The perfect mix of mine and your mother's."

"My hair tur...what?!" I took a strand of my hair and gasped. It was indeed silvery white. But, that doesn't change the fact that he could be lying. I mean, everyone knows the story about the Goddess and the God suffering a lot after they lost their daughter. This hair thing...it could be just my mom's DNA.

"Okay, honey. I'll give you a better proof then." He touched the top of my head and I was overwhelmed with memories. My father was showing me my first shift and then the dream I had - the dream about my pups' wolves. Suddenly, I was pulled out of the vision and the handsome man was in front of me again.

"How about now?" He caressed my cheek and I felt like the last pieces of my heart clicked together. I know him. His name, his face...I know everything.

"Michelangelo Alarik. That's your name. You are the one my son is named after..." I was in utter shock. He nodded. 

I don't understand how didn't I remember that before?

"Indeed I am. Now, my beauty, you need to go back." He kissed my forehead and smiled down at me. "Goodbye, for now. I love you, Achelle."

He caressed my cheek once again before he vanished and I found myself in the secret room again, Michelangelo in my arms and Elliot, Emmet and Cheyenne beside me, all of them asleep.

They're safe and alive.

And that's all I wished for.