Chapter 42

ALEX'S P.O.V.

I woke up with the worst headache ever.

Wait.

I WOKE UP?

'Welcome back asshole.' Damien 'politely' greeted.

'Hey D. Sorry for locking you out.'

'I'm still mad. But...I forgive you.'

I chuckled at his behaviour.

'How stupid are you?' He asked.

'What?' What is he talking about?

'Sniff the air, you moron.'

I did what he said and...

VANILLA.

'S-she's back?' I felt like crying out of joy.

'Yeah. She came this morning. She's in the shower right now.'

'Anything else?'

'A guy named Sean came with her. She said she named him our new Gamma, you know, as a replacement for Justin.'

'Excuse me?'

'He saved her life, you fuck-up. And he was meant to meet her one day. She'll tell you everything.' Damien growled at me.

'Okay.'

'She's coming! Pretend that you're still in a coma!'

I laid down as before and closed my eyes. I slowed down my breathing and my heartbeat. A mere second passed and I heard the door to my bathroom open.

She's here.

My sweet, little mate.

I felt her kiss my lips, cheeks and forehead. It took everything in me not to grab her and kiss her back.

She laid her head on my chest and I opened my eyes, looking at her.

She was frowning with tears in her eyes and then she let out a shaky breath.

I couldn't handle it anymore.

"Why so sad cupcake?"

Her body went from relaxed to tense in a matter of seconds.

She moved away from my body and looked up. When she saw me awake, she took in a sharp breath and closed her eyes, spilling the tears all over her cheeks.

"Come here." I motioned with my hands for her to come closer but she stayed on the other side of the bed, staring at me and crying.

"Ach, I don't like to see you like this."

"A-Alex?" She gasped and let out a little whimper.

"Yes, it's me, baby girl." She looked at me one more time before throwing herself in my arms. She started to cry so hard, I felt the pang of her pain in my heart.

"Hey, hey. Shh. It's okay, love. I got you." Her sobs stopped and I felt her relax. Thank God. She looked up and what she did next...surprised me very much.

She slapped me.

"YOU! STUPID! ASSHOLE! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? I CAME BACK AND YOU WERE IN A COMA!! YOU SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME, YOU FUCK-UP!!" She continued to hit me and shake me but I just chuckled.

She's back.

(And...I don't know if you've noticed...but she used some mean words Damien did, too.)