Chapter 25

"My, my." Mama B.

"You look magnificent." Tara.

"You think he'll think the same?" I asked unsure. Well, I've never been on a date, you have no right to judge.

"Honey. He wants to go out with you, he chose all these clothes for you. Don't be so unsure about yourself." Mama B.

"I've never been on a date! How should I act? What do I say? ARE THERE ANY RUL..."

Tara clapped my mouth shut with her hand.

"Stop blabbering. Breathe. It's going to be okay." I closed my eyes and did as told.

"You good now?"

"Yes, auntie." I hugged them both.

"You have to go, it's almost 7 p.m." Mama B.

"Where do I have to meet him?"

"He said something about a lake..." Tara.

I smiled. We used to go there as kids, all the time. It was our favourite place in the world. It was our secret place. I hope that we are still the only people who know about that lake.

"I know where that is."

"I want details. You need to visit me tomorrow." Oh, my Gosh! Tara!

"What?"

Ah crap, I said it out loud.

"Okay, okay. I better go now."

"Waaitt!" Mama B. screamed. "You need a coat." She was now holding a knee-long black coat. Aww.

She helped me wear it and I said my last goodbyes before leaving.

What is Alex up to?

...

I came to the clearing and stopped dead in my tracks.

It looked amazing!

I was totally speechless.

Candles were everywhere!

And let's not forget that the path that led here was covered in white rose petals.

He still remembers what I've told him before so many years!

I smiled at the thought.

"And? Is this how it should look like?" I turned around and was met by a nervous Alex.

"No." I answered and he frowned. "It's even better than I was imagining it." His face lit up and I laughed.

"You got me there, I was so scared of your reaction." He admitted.

"Why? I like simple, little things. This is...wow." He approached me and took my hand. I was freezing for a werewolf.

"I don't know. I wanted to make this occasion special. And why are you so cold?" He explained.

"It's perfect, don't worry. And to answer your question...I don't know. It must be the nerves. I was sooo nervous about this."

"Why?"

"Um...because it's my first date?" I stated the obvious and he laughed. It was not a mean laugh but a hearty one.

"You are joking, right?" He was still laughing. I slapped his arm and he winced.

"Don't laugh. You know more about this than me. When it comes to dates, I'm clueless. I don't know how to behave or anything."

"Ach, you just have to be yourself. And I hope that I'll make your first date just like the one you've been dreaming about." I hugged him and laughed.

"What did I say?" He asked.

"Nothing. Everything is amazing, thank you." I pulled away and we started to walk in the direction of a small tent I didn't notice before.

"Did you do this all by yourself?" I asked surprised.

"Mhm."

"Everything?"

"Yes." He smiled.

"Holy shit."

"Surprised?" He asked.

"Very." He pulled out a chair for me and I sat down.

"Baby, you're hurting me."

"Aww, sorry. So no one helped you?" I really need to know if someone else knows about this place.

"I know what you're thinking." I quirked and eyebrow. "No one knows about our place, relax. It's still just you and me. I never brought anyone here." He answered my thoughts.

"How'd you know I was thinking about that?"

"I knew it would bother you."

"Aren't you a smart creature..." I laughed.

"Nah, it was my lucky guess." He smiled. "By the way, you look magnificent."

"Thank you. I love the dress, the boots..." I smiled at him.

"I'm glad because I spent the whole day searching for all that."

"And you even had time to...create all of this?!" What a sweetheart.

"Yeah."

"Jesus Alex. I..." I was speechless again. He really surprised me.

"I can't believe you like this so much." He chuckled.

"WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS? THIS IS WONDERFUL!!" I happily exclaimed.

Alex laughed and I did the same.

Can this be more perfect?