Chapter 37

237th day

"We know you'll miss us, but we have some very important work to do." The bitch and her dog smiled evilly at my weak form.

"I can't live without you, don't go!" I cried out, sarcasm dripping from my mouth.

"Oh, we know. That's why your dear, dear friend will stay with you. Right Sean?" She turned around and looked at him. He had his hard face on and just nodded.

'I can't believe she's that stupid.' He mind-linked me.

'Let her be. She'll have a taste of her own medicine when she comes back. Justin, too.' I grinned in my head.

"Don't be too harsh with the punishments like last time, we don't want the missy dead." Justin told Sean. Last time, he used his magic to make it look like I was beaten but in reality, I had such a good rest.

"Yet." Sienna smiled once again and went out, leaving Justin behind.

"One more thing: we are coming back in 5 months this time. Bye, love." He blew me a kiss and I growled.

Justin only chuckled and left.

It's time to form a plan.

...

"First of all, I have to tell you a story. It's about Sienna, mom, dad, me and you. And also your parents." Sean announced.

"Wait. WHAT? Why my parents?" 

What the hell?

"You'll find out." He smiled.

"Talk then! I am curious!" I jumped on my bed and looked at my new friend, waiting for him to start.

You're probably asking yourself: 'Where the heck did she find a bed if she was in a basement?!'

Well, last time, when Sean stayed with me, he made a little cabin for me using his magic spells. So now, I have a bed, a shower, books...everything I need. I told you, great rest.

The cabin is visible only to us, not even Sienna can see it.

Those are the perks of being a warlock who knows old spells no one uses.

Thank you, Sean.

"When my mother gave birth to my sister and me, she knew there was something more to us than just kids who were involved with magic by genes.

One night, she had a dream.

It was The Moon Goddess herself.

She told my mother that we are the ones who are meant to serve her future heir. She told my mom to raise us as if we are normal children, not to teach us old spells and things we have to know, because we will feel when is the right time to start to use magic.

Mom was ecstatic about those news.

She did as The Goddess asked."

"When Sienna and I reached the age of 7, we started to have an interest in things we were already supposed to know.

I was never close to Sienna for some reason - she was always acting odd.

I started to practice on my own, studying old books and performing what I've learnt on some objects.

Years passed and I was only getting better and better. My parents were very proud of me. They liked the fact that I was willing to learn everything and that I was doing it all by myself."