Chapter 33

3 days.

72 hours.

4320 minutes.

259 200 seconds.

Not a sign of Alex.

I haven't been sleeping, at all.

I just sat there, on Tara's porchswing, and stared at nothing.

I was waiting for him.

I thought he missed me.

But no.

"Honey, please come inside. You'll catch a cold." Tara gently called me but I stayed quiet.

I haven't said a word since that night.

Nothing.

"Ache. Pwease." My baby sister appeared.

Oh, little one.

Don't fall in love.

It'll kill you.

Or maybe you'll be lucky enough to find someone like your mom did.

Someone who is always there.

Who cares.

Unlike my stupid mate.

Tara and Leeah started to walk away with frowns on their faces.

And that's what made me realize I can't sit here forever.

"Lee-lee." I called after Leeah. She turned around and smiled widely, happy that I spoke out loud.

"Yes?" She was practically screaming out of happiness. My little angel.

"Are we going to do something fun today?" I asked, not even sure if it was me by the hoarse sound of my voice.

"Like baking?!" She suggested but quickly added: "If you want..." I smiled at her.

"Of course I do. Come over here." I opened my arms and motioned with my palms for her to come over. She squealed and hugged me tight.

I embraced her, feeling guilty for ignoring her before.

But I know she forgave me that.

And our hug right now...

I realized that was the thing I needed to to wake me up.

"I'm sorry, baby."

"I love you." She said.

"Love you more." I let her go and kissed her forehead. "Let's go inside. There are some recipes that are waiting for us." She took a hold of my arm and led me inside.

"Welcome back kiddo." Tara smiled.

"I'm glad to be back." I smiled back and hugged her aswel.

Things will get better, step by step.

...

"Are we out of the woows yet? Blahblahblah." Leah tried singing Out Of The Woods by Taylor Swift.

"Still not too friendly with the lyrics, huh princess?" I laughed at her. She has been repeating the same song for hours now.

"Nooo." She cried out in desperation.

"Let's try together, okay?" She looked at me with a grin on her face and I immediately knew that was a 'yes'.

"Can it be my favourite part? You know that one, right?"