Chapter Two: Meetings and Ideas

Vicente Del Bosque smiled at Alyssa as they walked through the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu were Spain was training before the World Cup; it was one of the many stadiums that they could have choose from to train in.

“I think that’s everything,” Vicente said making Alyssa nod; the Spaniard had spent the morning showing the brunette around their main base of training and informing her of what was expected of her.

The two of them walked quietly as they headed back towards Vicente’s temporary office, Alyssa caught the sight of a couple of the players returning from lunch but she didn’t stop and stare.

“Don’t worry about the boys… they aren’t so bad,” Vicente reassured her gently, he knew she was off limits to every footballer on his team and he hoped none of them would try it on with the brunette.

Alyssa nodded as she smoothed out her black wrap pencil dress in crepe that she had paired with black high heels, she knew that she shouldn’t be worried about what they thought of her but she was a little nervous about meeting them all.

“Is there anything you need?” Alyssa asked politely, making Vicente chuckle and shake his head as he offered her a seat.

He knew the girl was nervous, she was new to all this and that was why he had chosen her as the intern; she wasn’t like any of the others who had applied.

“There isn’t anything for you to do today, so you are free to leave,” Vicente said making her stare at him, she hadn’t expected to be treated so nicely, she was just the dog’s body for the next two months.

Alyssa nodded unsure of herself for a second, before she said goodbye and left the room, just as José Antonio arrived with some notes from the morning training session.

They both waited until they were sure that Alyssa was gone before José Antonio looked at Vicente concerned.

“Are you sure about this?” he asked nervously knowing that if Amelia expected that they knew there would be trouble, she was protective of the twins.

Vicente nodded looking at him, he knew what the fall out could be if Amelia discovered what he had done let alone Alyssa, however this was the only way and he had waited so long for this.

***

Arriving back at her apartment block, Alyssa didn’t pay much attention to anything until she was standing in the lift; she jumped when she heard the man next to her clear his throat.

“Siento,” he said making her glance at him, his child-like face covered in freckles recognizable; Alyssa was standing in a lift with Fernando Torres.

“It’s okay,” the brunette replied softly making him smile at her, he watched her for a moment wondering why he hadn’t seen her before.

“So are you new around here?” Fernando asked curiously, Alyssa looked at him warily, she knew that he would find out sooner or later that she worked for the team.

“I moved here a couple of days ago,” Alyssa replied making him nod, he looked at her for a moment.

He had to admit she was beautiful, she wasn’t like the other Spanish women that he had seen since he arrived back in Spain who coated their faces in magic.

“Well it’s a pleasure to meet you… I’m Fernando,” the footballer said offering her his hand; she smiled at him as she took it in her own, which allowed him to press his lips to her hand.

“Alyssa,” she replied, as she blushed lightly as he smiled at her; he couldn’t help but think she was one of the most beautiful things that he had ever seen.

As they came to her floor, Fernando stopped the lift from closing after she had gotten out and searched her nude clutch bag in faux suede for her keys so that she could unlock her apartment door.

“I hope to see you again,” Fernando said making her smile back at him, she knew that he had no idea just how soon that could be.

Alyssa had a feeling about Fernando and she wasn’t sure what it was, she just hoped it wouldn’t affect her job as the team’s intern.

“I know you will…” Alyssa replied teasingly, she hoped to meet the team tomorrow and she would see him again; he just didn’t know it.

Fernando looked at her oddly as the lift doors closed, he didn’t know what it was about her words but he couldn’t wait to see her again.

Arriving at his floor, Fernando rolled his eyes at the sight of Sergio and Iker waiting for him outside his apartment; the two of them having left training a little earlier than he had.

“How was the session with the physiotherapist?” Sergio asked him concerned. Fernando had surgery on his knee back in April and was recovering; he was currently working with the Spanish physiotherapist to get ready for their match against Switzerland on the 16th of June.

“Getting better,” Fernando replied as he unlocked his door, the three had always been close friends so he could see that Sergio had something planned.

The footballer look at his best friend curious about what he had planned; Sergio quickly settled in the living room making the two older men look at him oddly.

“Alright Ramos… what’s going on?” Iker asked making the youngest Spaniard look at him and grin, Fernando and Iker sat down as well waiting to hear what he had to say.

“I was reading this book last night and it gave me an idea,” Sergio said making them look at him concerned about just what he had thought of while he was alone.

“The book was about these three guys in the military and they come up with this pact about the three of them dating the same woman,” Sergio explained the basic plot of the book to them.

Iker looked at Fernando, who shrugged wondering why Sergio was telling them this; Sergio chuckled at their confused expressions.

“We’ve all been through some mierda the last few months… so why not do what they did?” the Sevillian said making them stare at them, not sure what he was actually suggesting they do.

Fernando shook his head amused knowing that there was no way that this could work, they might have been best friends but it would only led to trouble.

“No offense Sergio, you may be my best friend but I don’t think I could… ‘Share’ a woman with you,” Fernando teased while the younger Spaniard rolled his eyes knowing that wasn’t what he had meant.

The trio had all been through rough break-ups and a divorce before they had come together and this seemed like a good way to move on from what had happened.

“Like she wouldn’t go running to the press,” Iker said making Fernando nod in agreement, they were famous footballers and any woman would go running to the media about this.

“We all choose someone who isn’t a gold-digger… someone we could all connect to,” Sergio said, making them nod as they took in what he was saying.

They sat in silence taking in what was being suggested, they knew it was a big gamble and that if this came to light then there would be trouble for them and her.

“Okay,” Fernando said, making Sergio look at him slightly surprised that he agreed, he knew his best friend had been through a really rough time since Olalla had divorced him.

Fernando had a daughter to think of as well and it was time that he did something to make himself happy; they all deserved that after the year they’d all had.