Chapter Thirteen: Aftershocks

Monica nibbled her lip nervously as she sat in the reception of the hotel, she knew that there was every chance that Amelia had told Alyssa who her father was.

The brunette looked over at Iker, Fernando and Sergio who were also waiting for Alyssa to come back from her meeting with her mother.

It was starting to get dark outside and there was no sign of Alyssa who had left with her mother in the very early afternoon; there was clearly something going on right now.

Monica watched the three footballers, she could tell that they really cared about the younger woman; she couldn't think of three better men for Alyssa than them.

The group were forced to wait another ten minutes before Alyssa walked through the front entrance; Monica sighed in relief as she hurried over to her friend to see if she was alright.

It was clear what had happened and Alyssa looked devastated at learning who her father was and why Vicente had really hired her; she’d had a lot dropped on her that afternoon.

Monica moved to the brunette and offered her a sad smile, she wanted to be there for her friend and she knew that Alyssa wouldn’t want to see Vicente right now.

Alyssa stared at her for a moment before she stepped back from Monica, she didn’t know who to trust right now and she was a little hurt that Monica had known had hadn’t said anything to her.

“You knew…” Alyssa said making the older woman look at her slightly panicked as she realised that the brunette wasn’t taking the news too well.

Alyssa shook her head before she rushed up the stairs to her room, she didn’t even wait for the elevator; Iker moved to Monica who sighed as she looked at him sadly, she knew that the younger woman was hurting right now.

Vicente had really made a mess of things and there was no way that this was going to end well now; Alyssa wasn’t going to forgive him for what he had done.

“She knows,” Monica told him making him curse as Sergio and Fernando approached them, they all knew that this would be a turning point and there was every chance that Alyssa would quit and head back to Spain after what had happened.

“We’ll speak with her,” Sergio offered making Monica nod sadly, she knew that no good would come from Vicente’s decision to hire Alyssa for the reason he had.

The brunette was bound to be hurt and wouldn’t be forgiving about what Vicente had done for his own selfish reasons.

“I’ll go first,” Iker said looking at Fernando and Sergio, they needed to make sure that their girlfriend was okay and they each hoped that she’d let them in.

***

Amelia sighed as she sat outside Alyssa’s hotel, she knew her daughter was hurting over the real reason that she had been hired; the brunette didn’t know what Alyssa planned to do now.

“I didn’t think I’d ever see you again,” said a man, making Amelia stiffen she slowly turned to see David standing behind her he didn’t look happy to her; he had clearly been brought here by his father.

“Hola David,” Amelia said softly, she couldn’t believe how much he had changed; she crossed her arms as she stood, she didn’t know what to do or how to react around her ex-boyfriend.

It had been twenty years since they had last seen each other and their ending hadn’t been a happy one, however they had been forced to move on with their lives.