Chapter Twelve: The Truth Comes Out

Amelia watched the Spanish players leave for afternoon training, she had been waiting all morning for some sign of her daughter; she wanted to see her before Vicente had a chance to tell her the truth.

Amelia sighed in relief as Alyssa stepped out of the hotel with another woman, climbing out of her rental car; Amelia cleared her throat knowing that she had to do this now.

“Alyssa,” the brunette called making her daughter look at her at her confused; the older woman looked at Amelia oddly then did a double take as if realising who she was.

“Madre?” Alyssa asked confused making Monica stare at her, she couldn’t believe that her mother had come all this way to see her.

Monica frowned knowing that she was going to kill Vicente when she saw him, she could only guess at why he had hired Alyssa now.

“Why don’t you catch up with your Madre? I’ll cover for you,” she said; really she wanted to corner Vicente on her suspicions about why the brunette really was.

Monica would kill him if she learnt he used the internship to get close to Alyssa, she was bright and handled everything really well compared with the others; she truly deserved to be here.

“Gracias,” Alyssa said gratefully, before she walked over to her mother who smiled at her and gave her a hug; she knew that this wasn’t going to be easy and she hoped that Alyssa wasn’t going to get upset about what she was about to tell her.

Monica crossed her arms as she watched the two disappear; she pursed her lips as she spotted Vicente as he stepped out of the building.

The manager stopped walking when he recognised the look on Monica’s face, he knew he had been found out; he just hoped that she would let him fix this.

“Tell me you didn’t…” Monica hissed as Vicente ran a hand through his thinning hair and looked at the co-ordinator as he tried to think about how he could explain his thinking.

Alyssa could be his only granddaughter and until such a time that he knew the results of the DNA test there were was nothing that Vicente wouldn’t give up just yet to get closer to her.

“Amelia’s here Vicente,” Monica warned him making the Spaniard frown at her words, he knew that if Amelia was here he could lose Alyssa and Adam forever… he wanted to know his Grandchildren, he wanted his son, to know his children.

Vicente watched as Monica turned on her heel and stormed away however before he could stop her, a car pulled outside the hotel; Vicente smiled as David climbed out of the car.

The smile quickly disappeared when Vicente saw the look on his son’s face, he had a feeling that things were about to get very explosive with everyone here in South Africa.

“What the hell where you thinking… I told you I’d deal with this,” David hissed at his father as he pulled the DNA results from his pocket, they were still in the envelope since he hadn’t been able to bring himself to open them.

Vicente stared at them, he knew that the answers lay in that envelope and he needed to know if Alyssa was his own flesh and blood.

“David… I only wanted to help,” Vicente said helplessly as the team moved passed them listening in as they headed for training; they could all see that some sort of argument was brewing between the two men.

David scoffed at his father’s words, that all he had heard from anyone recently especially those who had all known that Amelia had been pregnant when she had disappeared.