Chapter Thirty: Hospital Stays

Fernando held Alyssa's hand as he sat next to her hospital bed, he hadn't left her side since he had arrived at the hospital the day before after she had been assaulted in one of the corridors of the stadium.

Sergio yawned as he stretched as Iker walked into the room carrying a tray of coffee; the three of them refused to leave her side once they had been told what had happened.

"Anything?" Iker asked as he handed Fernando a coffee, making him smile at him gratefully; as he took it, Sergio shook his head slightly disappointed that she hadn't woken up yet.

"I'd give my right leg to find out who did this to her," Sergio said looking at their girlfriend; she had yet to wake up from being attacked and it was starting to take its toll on the three footballers.

The doctor had told them that there was a slight swelling of the brain from where her head had been slammed into the wall when she had been attacked.

Her body was also covered in bruises and cuts that had been made by a knife and worst of all was that she had been raped.

"I'll kill them when I find out who did this," Iker said as he sat next to the brunette; he watched her as he sipped on his own coffee.

Fernando nodded as he held back tears as he watched her, he couldn't believe that this had happened and had cried a couple of times during the night.

"Nando, she'll be okay," Sergio said as he moved to comfort him making Iker look at the freckled Spaniard who nodded as he wiped away tears.

The doctor in fear that whoever had attacked her would return and try to kill her while she was in hospital, who had restricted those who could visit her.

"We won't lose her, Nando... Alyssa knows that we'll be here for her," Iker reassured him as they watched the brunette; they didn't know what they would do if she didn't recover.

Fernando suddenly looked down at his right hand which was holding Alyssa's left; Sergio followed his gaze and smiled when he spotted Alyssa's fingers moving ever so slightly.

"Lissa," Sergio murmured as he sat next to her as her eyelids flickered as she slowly started to wake up; Iker took her other hand, knowing that she was probably confused.

"We're here, corazón," Iker said softly as he held her hand allowing her to squeeze it, he smiled as he pressed a kiss to her hand in relief.

Sergio smiled as they watched her intently, they knew that this was a good sign; they had been worried that she'd gotten brain damage or something further was wrong with her.

"Open your beautiful eyes for us," Sergio urged her as he watched her. Alyssa's eyes slowly opened as she got used to the brightness of the room, the three boys smiled at her as she looked at them; they looked relieved to see her awake.

"I'll get the doctor," Sergio said as he stood and walked out of the room; Alyssa blinked as she tried to remember where she was, Fernando pressed a kiss to her lips as Iker kissed her hand as relief filled the three footballers.

"You're in hospital," Fernando told her as Iker rubbed her arm with his hand, he felt how cold she was and smiled at her softly glad that she was okay.

Alyssa nodded as she swallowed as memories of what had happened stirring in her mind; her two boyfriends could sense that she remembered what had happened to her.

Iker squeezed her hand, the police wanted to speak to her about what had happened but he knew she wasn't ready for that yet.

"It's okay corazón, they won't hurt you again," Iker promised trying to comfort her. Alyssa nodded as tears filled her eyes, Fernando sighed giving Iker a look as he watched her; they knew that this wasn't going to be easy.