Chapter Fourteen: We Are Family

Alyssa woke up early the next morning, feeling oddly warm and comforted; she could feel the arm around her waist tighten, pulling her closer allowing another arm to run along her arm.

The brunette frowned slight as she realised her head rested on a shirtless chest, she knew she was in bed with more than one person; but right now she couldn’t bring herself to care, she was glad they were there for her.

“Sleep nena,” Sergio murmured softly in her ear, revealing he was the one pressed against her back; the brunette nodded softly as she felt him curl closer to her in comfort.

Alyssa was just glad that they were there for her right now, she needed them and she knew it would clear her mind for a while.

“We’re here hermonsa,” Fernando said as he rested his head against hers, revealing that he was the one she was resting her head against.

Alyssa didn’t speak as she felt Iker trail his hand along her arm, revealing he was pressed against Sergio with his arm over the Spaniard’s waist.

“Sleep corazón,” Iker said softly, it was only early and they had the day off because of the recent events that had taken place; everyone now knew what Vicente had done and who Alyssa really was now.

It didn’t take long before Alyssa drifted back to sleep again, making Fernando look at Iker; they were aware that Sergio had drifted off as well.

“Do you think she’ll stay?” Fernando asked concerned looking at the brunette that was curled between them; he didn’t want to lose her but there was little that could be done if she wished to leave.

Iker sighed as he looked at the sleeping brunette, he would support her decision no matter what and she had every right to give up on her internship after what had happened.

“We’ll see… let her rest,” Iker said making Fernando nod as he closed his eyes; things had progressed further than they had ever expected it was meant to be a bit of harmless fun.

Now they didn’t know what they would do when their deal with Alyssa came to an end; it was a frightening thought for each of the men how attached they had gotten.

Sergio mumbled softly in his sleep making Iker chuckle as he looked at his old friend, if it weren’t for Alyssa; Iker doubted that they would be in this position, yet it seemed so natural for the three of them now.

***

David shifted nervously as he looked at the twins who were sat across from him, he couldn’t believe that he was meeting his two grown up children; it seemed so unreal to him that this was happening.

Amelia offered the twins a smile, as they sat down across from their parents, Adam didn’t look happy to see that David was there or that Amelia was wearing an engagement ring.

Alyssa was wearing a white button front swing vest top and high waist denim shorts with turn-up hem paired with black leather flat sandals.

David had to admit he could see himself in his children, Adam looked like a younger version of himself and Alyssa reminded him of pictures of his mother when she was younger.

He could see why Trina had wanted him to gain custody there was no denying that they were his, but now he knew that he had to work for their trust.

“Why’s he here?” Adam spat making Alyssa roll her eyes, he wasn’t known for his patience; she smiled at her mother, she just hoped that Amelia could finally be happy with her father.

“We wanted to talk to you about what happened” Amelia said carefully as she took David’s hand knowing that he was nervous about this, the twins had every right to turn him away after all that had happened.

However the couple had talked long and hard about their past and they had managed to piece together what had been done to them and what they would do now.

“I’m sorry that I wasn’t there when you both were growing up… it seems my mother and ex-wife, worked together so that I wouldn’t know about your madre’s pregnancy,” David said as he looked between the twins, he hated that because of someone else’s actions that they were forced to live without a father.

David was going to do the best to make up for the time that he had missed out, he was going to spoil them for all the time that he had missed out on.

The twins looked at the father and nodded, they had seen his wife Mariam on the television; she seemed like a stuck-up bitch, who would rather spend the money that her husband earned than work a day in her life.

“I want us to be a family… I love your madre and I know that things will be awkward but I want this to work,” David said, he looked at Adam who stared at him; Alyssa nodded her head along wondering what to do.

The brunette was happy for her mother and she knew that it was her mother’s life and she could do what she liked; however it would take time for her to warm to the man that was her father.

“When’s the wedding?” Alyssa asked as she eyed the engagement ring on her mother’s fingers, she knew that she was going to support her mother no matter what.

Teresa was probably rolling in her grave right now at the idea that Amelia was going to marry David after all of these years; she had never liked the man after what had happened.

“We were thinking about after the World Cup,” Amelia said with a smile making David nod as he looked at her; he was surprised they were taking this so well, he was sure that he had a lot of work to do to fix things.

David looked at his daughter knowing that she was upset about what Vicente had done to get close to her; he had spoken to his father about this and he wanted Alyssa to carry on.

“You’re good at what you do Alyssa, that’s why you were hired; Vicente didn’t really have anything to do with it,” David said knowing that while his father might have had final say, someone else would have had to pick her for the position.

Alyssa had already decided to stay at the internship, though she had plans to make Vicente’s life a nightmare and she refused to call him Grandfather or anything similar; he had to earn that right and right now he didn’t deserve that title.

“Okay,” Alyssa said softly making David smile, he knew it would take him awhile to get used to the idea of being a father; he was going to work his hardest and he had already decided on a plan of action.

The group were silent as they allowed everything to sink in, there was a lot of work to be done on their family but it was clear that David was here to stay.

“I was wondering if I could take you both out… you know, to get to know each of you,” David said awkwardly as he looked at the twins; he wanted to bond with his children and he wasn’t sure what he would ever do if things didn’t work out between them.

Adam frowned at his father’s words, he didn’t want anything to do with the man right now but he knew that it would make his mother happy if he did.

Alyssa chewed on her lip as she eyed the man across from her, she wasn’t completely sure how she felt yet but she knew she had to try for her mother’s sake.

The brunette had no idea what she would do after the tournament was over and she would be without her footballers, she was just going to have to focus on helping rebuild her family.