Chapter 5~Start of a new friendship

Fanaa's POV.

Why do I feel like I'm doing something wrong?

Like sitting in a stranger's car?

I still don't know if he actually knows my dad.

"apology accepted How do you know my dad?" I give up because I just want to know how he knows my dad right now.

He stopped the car in front of my house and looked at me with a smirk.

"why do I feel like you don't really care about my apology and you just want to have the answers to your questions?" he asked me.

What am I suppose to say now?

I looked down at my hands while being nervous.

"so?" he said.

"well I don't really care you know because...like it's not as if you were my best friend or my cousin or even my brother that I should care about your behaviour it's your life you do what you want." I don't even know what I'm saying.

I could feel the air around us getting tense and I'm actually sweating under my hijab.

Why am I acting like this with him?

I've never been like this before.

"mm I see you're rough"

"huh?" What does that even mean?

"nothing go home and stay safe I'll pick you up tomorrow morning" he said.

"wow! hold on hulk! First of all, you didn't give me my answer. Second of all, you don't have to sacrifice your time tomorrow I can make it to school on my own and anyway I'm always late" I said.

"All you have to know for now is that I know more about you than you know yourself and I'm coming tomorrow end of this conversation" he said.

Uh?

I opened the car door and got out saying goodbye to hulk.

"see you tomorrow cupcake" he said before driving away full speed.

Wait, he did not call me cupcake right?

Oh my Allah!

I have to talk to Abbu about this because I don't believe this strange hulk.

***

Getting down stairs of my house after reading a few pages of the Quran I walked up to Abbu's office.

Abbu always works really hard. And I know he does it mostly all for us.

Mom told me everything about him. He could've told us about it himself but he doesn't really open up to us. Only when needed.

Abbu didn't had a job before. He wasn't accepted by the society. Why?

Because of his hidden tattoos and piercings he had before.

Yup. My Abbu was a real gangster.

And he did other bad stuff like...cigarettes...maybe drugs as well.

Mom said he smoked a lot before. At first, I didn't believed that but when I saw the package in abbu's pocket when I was around five years old, I knew it was true.