Chapter 22

well that little contest was fun... considering no one entered. I decided just to update for you guys anyways, however if you still want to send me in a trailer feel free.

Dan POV

I opened my eyes in an unfamiliar room. My head was pounding and couldn't remember what happened last. I surveyed my surroundings. There was a ceiling fan spinning around in the middle of the room and white carpet to match. The window had a cardboard box side over it. For the most part the room was empty… you know other than me.

Sudden visions of two girls knocking me out filled my mind. It was Vera and Caroline.

That was all I could seem to remember. My heart ached for Arista. Why did everything have to be so difficult? I loved her and… she loved me? I think. 

Maybe it was the fact that she was a mermaid. Yeah, that was a difficult factor. But there was also the roommate, evil twin, and crazy exgirlfriend part. Nothing seemed to be going right anymore. I miss my youtube days. 

Sometimes I wish that Arista could just be a normal girl. Then maybe everything would be alright. Sure, maybe Phil would still love her. Sure, maybe her twin would still be a crazy mofo. But at least she wouldn't have these strange powers.

I closed his eyes and remembered when I found Arista washed up on the beach. I remembered when I gave her the name blair. Looking back now, the name was so unfitting. I preferred Arista.

I remembered how she was afraid of the rain. And how lovely she was.

A single tear slid down my cheek.

And then BANG.

The door to the room was shoved open. 

I tried to wipe the tear off my face onto my shoulder. Vera walked into the room with her black heel boots. It ached my heart to look at her, she looked just like Arista. It made me wonder if I would ever see her again.

I couldn't care less if they hurt me, but if they hurt Arista they would be sorry.

"Alright Dan, here's the plan," Vera began to explain. "We're just going to make a quick little video of you so we can send our dearest condolences to Arista." My eyes automatically began to roll at how ridiculous this situation was.

She pulled out a black video camera from behind her back and flicks up the on switch. "Hello Arista! On this weeks episode of "My Sister's a Mega Bitch". With special guest star Dan Howell." Vera kicks my side as she says my name; I let out a pained grunt.

"Doesn't it hurt to see the one you love hurt? Arista if you don't come out of your little hiding place, you and Dan might regret it. Plus we know where you are. If you don't meet us we'll start sending you Dan's body parts one by one." The camera zooms in on my face.

"Arista don't come, she's such a joke it's no-" I'm cut off by Vera slapping my right across the face.

"Wow Arista, your boyriends such a wimp. Better come soon," At that she turns off the camera.

"Vera I don't understand this hate you have for your sister. You two should be working together. Friends. Whatever mermaids do I don't know?" 

"Too bad it will never be like that, now shut your mouth."

***

PHIL POV

I run my hand over the white bandage that covered the new tattoo on my arm. 

I hear the door to Dan and I's apartment slam behind me as I walk in. There's an eerie silence that fills the room. I look around to see I'm clearly alone. I slowly walk over to dan's room to see it's also empty.

Just as I was about to leave, I see the red light flashing on Dan's camera. 

I go over to turn it off, it had been filming for about an hour. I decide to look at the footage. Why would Dan just leave this on with no explanation?

The beginning is Dan making an apology for not making videos that past few months. Then, there's a loud bang. I see no other than Caroline and.... Vera?? This couldn't be weirder if I had made it myself. 

I watch in awe as they kick Dan's ass and carry him away. That's embarrassing for the both of us.

My best friend was kidnapped by the love of my life's two biggest enemies. Here we go again. 

Sorry for never updating... I was kind of upset no one entered my contest. But who can blame you? This story sucks so much I wouldn't enter it either lol. ehhehh