Chapter 24

Chapter 24 - Phil 

I began packing a bag full of things.

This reminded me of the days when Dan and I use to make stupid videos about us being spies. I missed the old days.

I didn't know what I needed to save Dan, my best friend. 

I tried listing out the facts in my head. Where is he? I'm not sure. Who has him? A crazy physcotic mermaid who just so happened to be the twin sister of a mermaid that my best friend and I fell in love with. Thinking about Vera hurt, becuase it meant thinking about Arista.

I heard a slam come from the main door.

"Dan??" I called out, my heart seeming to race with hope for the first time in a long time. I ran out into the hallway only to slam into someone.

Arista. 

"Oh my god, Phil!" She reached her arms around my neck to hug me.

"Is Dan okay?" She asked in genuine concern. It made my heart hurt more.

"I'm not sure... Where have you been? This is your fault," I yelled at her, slowly pushing her off. The expression on her face changed from relieved to in pain. 

"I know and I'm sorry..." She whispered. Her eyes shifted towards the floor. They made eye contact with my new tattoo. Then, she looked up at my face to get a better look. Her nimble fingers reached out to touch my lip ring. I yearned for her.

"What happened to you?" She asked.

"Wha- nothing happened. That's a rather rude question to ask. This is me," I told her in a stern voice- trying not to break my walls.

"Oh, I'm sorry," She looked down at the ground again.

I finally got a chance to actually take in her appearance. She looked like a mess... and smelt like one too.

"Arista... have you been drinking... what is that? Vodka?" I asked.

Her eyes shot up to me so fast, I barely had time to process the tears in her eyes. "It was a mistake Phil. She told me it would make the pain go away. She said taking drugs helped too. I fucked up Phil. Really really bad. I put Dan's life in danger. The only reason I left was because i was trying to undue the damage. Some how I made everything worse. Help me!" Tears were streaming down her cheeks. She layed her head down in my lap and sobbed.

I don't know how long we sat there like that. Her head in my lap, my hand petting her hair.

Eventually I motivated her to clean up in the shower so we could focus on finding Dan.

HELLO

I'm so so so sorry. Where have I been? Short answer- I recently started high school. I barely have a second to catch my breath. I finally found time to update.

I also want to mention something-

so for the first time ever, someone fangirled over me replying to their comment??

I can't even begin to tell you how special that makes me feel. You can thank them for this update.

I hope you know I love you all- enjoy x

(Hopefully it wont be 4 months before I update again)