The vision

Arnold POV

It was pitch black, cold and empty. I was standing alone in the darkness, I could hear a sound it was a low giggle that began to grow louder and stronger to a malicious laughter. I looked around me and couldn't see anyone, than he spoke. "I got you muchacho, I know who you love and I will take her, just like I took your parents!" he continued to laughed. "You touch her and I'll kill you, La Sombra." I yelled back to him with my fist shut with fury. I shut my eyes and I could hear her angelic voice. "Football Head, wake up!"

I opened my eyes to find myself and Helga at the jungle. The lava was everywhere, we were trapped in a temple, the ground shook the mountain burst with fire and lava. Helga got close to me as I embraced her in my arms. I wasn't afraid for me, but for her, I was terrified of losing her.

I woke up inside the tent. I was dreaming again, but this dream felt different, it felt dangerous, like a warning.

I felt so warm wrapped in Helga's body. I stared down at her as she rested on my chest, she looked so peaceful, like an angel. I brushed her hair with my fingers. Even with the devastated news still in my heart, I felt the luckiest man alive, because I had her in my arms. I kissed her forehead and whispered
I love you.

Not wanting to awake her, I stood up carefully and got dressed. I looked at my phone and saw 7am, with a couple of missed calls from my grandparents.

My father's wallet was on the floor next to mine. As I looked closely to his wallet, I saw something sticking out of a side pocket. What can it be? I grabbed the wallet and carefully slide the folded paper out of the pocket. My heart was raising as I unfolded the paper excited for what I might find.

It may turned out to be nothing, but anything coming from my father's wallet was a miracle. The folded paper reviled a small dark green rock and a faded message under it. It was my father's hand writing! I couldn't believe it! I grabbed the rock and it sting my fingers. Ouch! the burned sensation cause me to dropped the rock on the floor, however now the rock's color had change to a lighter green, almost glowing by my touch. What kind of rock was that?

I looked at the paper again and saw a message written in black faded ink. I began to read the message.

"The true power lies with in the chosen one and only he with a pure heart can hold on to its spirited energy"

What does that mean? I tried to reach for the rock again, this time carefully. The moment I grabbed it, it attached itself to my palm stinging my skin. The rock's color began to change again to a glowing bright green. I shut my fist tight trying to endure the pain as I was bitting my lip.

Suddenly, I began to see the jungle of San Lorenzo from above, like if I was flying over the land, across the river and the mountains, I could see my shadow reflecting on the ground. I was the eagle, soaring through the misty heated air across the rainforest, I knew the way. I knew my destiny. I flew over the sleeping volcano and I recognized it. The volcano from my dream..

Cell phone ringing....
ring, ring....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Startled by the sound Arnold opened his hand dropping the rock on the floor. He kept looking around the tent puzzled by what he had seen. Helga opened her eyes and saw Arnold grabbing her cell phone.

"Good morning Helga...It's your mom, you should answer her, I'll step out for a minute."

"Oh I see bucko, my mother calls and you're escaping already!"
"No, I just want to give you privacy, that's all."
"Privacy. Are you serious. We just slept together and you're talking about giving me privacy now!"