Dead-man drop river

Helga POV:
I woke up that morning lightheaded with a dried horrible taste in my mouth on top of that I had back pain for sleeping in the wrong position. What was I talking about....this entire ground in this horrible forsaken jungle was wrong to begin with. I stood up and walked around, for a moment I thought Arnold had taken a walk somewhere. I saw Miles sleeping as I wondered, does he know where football head is? Then I remembered when Arnold and his father sneaked away to talk about something that he didn't quite say what it was....."Crimity!" I said in fear with my eyes wide as I took in a deep breath. Football head is gone! He probably left during the night to rescue Jorge. After I told him about the danger of leaving me again and going after him.

I could feel my stomach twisting in fear, he left me and I didn't know if I was going to see him again. Why did he do this to me!?

"AAAAAAAAARRRRRNOOOOOLD!" I screamed in anguish of having to face being alone again. Miles jumped up startled by my screams. "What!! What's happened !?!?" He asked.

"Arnold went after Jorge didn't he!?" I asked him with fear in my eyes.

"I'm sorry Helga, I tried to stop him but he felt as if...."

"I know what he felt. I know him. Crimity!!!!! I should have known this was going to happen. Why, oh why did I fall sleep!!"

"Helga calm down he will meet us today before sundow by the river, have faith in him."

"I been having faith in Arnold Philip Shortman since I met him that doesn't mean that he doesn't need me! I should have gone with him!"

"Helga, he said it was dangerous for you to go."

"Yeah....I know that line, he wants to protect me like if I'm made out of glass. Arnold, is going to hear me out when I see him! He better come back to me!"

Miles walked up to Helga to comfort her "You'll see Arnold soon. My son said to meet him by dead-man drop river."

"I don't like the sound of that" I told him with her eyes low staring at the ground in sadness.

"The river it's a couple of miles away, he assured me we'll meet him there."

"Why is it call dead-man drop river?" I asked.

"Because several have died in its dangerous waters and on the deep waterfall." he said like if it was nothing.

"And Arnold wants to meet there!? Why!?"

"I didn't ask him.....but now that I remember. That river is we're his mother and I first met the green-eyes. There's a ceremonial statue in a secret cave behind the waterfall."

"So if we get to the river will be getting close to the green-eyes civilization?"

"Yes" Said Miles. "Come on Helga we better get a move on before it gets too hot. We need to reach the river by mid-day if possible." Said Miles as he was grabbing his backpack. Sure easy for him to say. "Oh Arnold please come back to me." I whispered. **

On the other side of the jungle Arnold was walking along Jorge while they ate papaya fruit.

"Good thing we found something to eat." Said Jorge as he was bitting the fruit. "I was starving."

"Did you eat anything at all yesterday?" Asked Arnold.

"Just a piece of chicken leg that was thrown to me by a drunk man."

"I'm sorry to ask."

"That's okay Arnold. Actually that drunk man had quite a story about the chosen one. I almost believe him."