Son of fire

Arnold and Miles ran as fast as they could, in till they reached the back entrance of the green-eye city.

La Sombra and his man were waiting for them with guns, rifles and machetes in their hands.  Arnold and his father stopped the moment they saw them, blocking the path that lead towards the center of the city.

The crowd of armed man stared at them viciously, with a dark purpose in their eyes.

La sombra stepped forward with a grin on his face.

"Arnold, I finally found you, why is it so difficult to get a hold of you muchacho. I'll give you credit for being tough...." La Sombra said laughing ".....but you're not smarter than me and you were careless and now the green-eyes and your precious pregnant girlfriend will pay the price.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HELGA!!!!" yelled Arnold with rage in his eyes.

La sombra smiled viciously "Oh wouldn't you like to know!"

Miles placed his hand on Arnold's shoulder. "Calm down son, maybe his lying about Helga and she's not harmed."

Arnold could barely breathe, just thinking about Helga being hurt.

"Look at his face Dad!! He looks too secure of himself....and how does he know Helga is, pregnant."

"Is she!?" Asked Miles with his eyes wide disturb by the revelation of Helga being pregnant.

"I don't know Dad.....we're not sure. But how can he possibly know about that, unless he....." Arnold shut his fist in fury with fear in his eyes.

"No Arnold don't imagine it, she's probably safe and hiding with the rest of the people."

La Sombra shouted from afar. "You don't believe I have your pregnant perra! I'll show you!!" He gave the order "Bring the girl!!"

Two man stepped out of the crowd with Helga dangling in their arms. She had bloody cuts on her legs and her left arm was bleeding heavily. Her head was down with her long blond hair covering her face.

Arnold opened his mouth with his eyes widened in horror.

"MY GOD, HELGA!!!!!" He tried to run to her, but La Sombra placed a large knife to her abdomen. "STAY WHERE YOU ARE ARNOLD!! Or you will lose everything you love!!!"

Arnold stood still with his worst fear in front of his eyes. Miles stood next to Arnold and yell in frustration.

"Let the girl go La Sombra! If it's me you want, take me instead, but let her go!"

"I don't care about you Doctor Miles, I care about something worth, power. You and your lousy book are useless to me now. What I want...is the powerful trapiche rock!" La Sombra stared at Arnold and said. "Leave the rock where you're standing and walk away, and only then, I'll release your precious girlfriend."

With his eyes gazed at La Sombra in terror, Arnold whisperto his fathers.

"Dad...what if he kills Helga if I don't do what he says?"

"Son listen. If he gets a hold of the rock, he will kill us all." Said Miles.

Arnold couldn't stand to see Helga's body in pain by the cuts. Her head was still leaning down with her hair covering her face, he couldn't tell if she was unconscious.

La Sombra grabbed Helga's face and lifted it so that Arnold could see her eyes. "See your poor beaten girl Arnold, my man strike her a couple of times, since she didn't want to tell us where you were. Do you want my man to continue hurting her?!"

Arnold couldn't take the fury building up in his tender heart, from all the agonizing suffering La Sombra did to him and the love of his life, and yelled in rage.