La Sombra

La sombra was unlike any other man with power in San Lorenzo. He was very well dressed, charming and poise. He spoke with certainly, knowing anyone who met him will bow at his knees. Intimidation was his greatest weapon. No one attempted to betray him, for he was known to have loyal subjects everywhere. San Lorenzo was his city and nothing happened without him knowing.
No one got away from La Sombra and no one dared to steal from him, except for one man and one woman, who bit the odds and stole his most precious green-eye treasure to give it back to its people.

Seventeen years ago:
The night Miles and Stella took the eye of the forest rock, everything turn for the worst.
Miles saw LaSombra man, transporting the large statue with the small trapiche rock on the eagles head.

"We can't let him take the rock Stella. If he has the eye of the forest in his hands, he will find the large lost trapiche and after that, there's no telling what will LaSombra do with all that power."

Miles sneaked undetected, while the man were drinking water and relieving themselves he took the rock from the eagles head statue with a cloth napkin. He ran back to where Stella was hiding.

"I have it Stella...he will have the statue but without the rock, he can't find the large trapiche."

"Why do you have to hold the rock with a cloth?" Asked Stella

"The green-eyes said it's a very sacred rock to be held by the chosen one only." Said Miles short in breath.

"But isn't true that only the chosen one can see through the eye?" Stella asked.

"Yes legend said that, but what if it's not accurate and La sombra uses it to find the large trapiche or worst....what if he tries to find our son, to use him to see though the eye....we can't take any chances!"
Miles took out a small piece of paper and wrote a message on it. He placed the small rock at the center of the paper and folded it carefully and hid it in a secret pocket inside his wallet.

"We better go Stella before LaSombra man catches up to us."

"Miles, do you believe Arnold is the chosen one?"

Miles looked toward some trees "Wait....do you hear something!!!" He whispered frighten....

Back to present date.
That couple was Arnold's parents, they were the only ones that escaped from La Sombra's clutches, but not for long.

La sombra approached the historian's office slowly, almost studying his surroundings and saw the picture of the historian with Miles giving her the green-eye statue and stared at it.

"You know, I always knew I had to come to you first, twenty years ago when I was looking for the green-eyes, but I have to admit, I didn't take you seriously enough to know you could help me get what I wanted. Now...I'm wiser to know everyone can give me something I need."

La sombra walked towards her "Sra. Patricia Luisa Garza...what...are you surprise that I know your full name. I know who you are and I also know, where your poor elderly mama lives."

Her heart accelerated the moment she heard him mention her mother, she gulped and looked down with her eyes shut in tears.
"Please don't hurt my mother."

He lifted her chin slowly "Oh, you think I'm a monster, come on what do you take me for? I won't hurt an elderly lady, but, I can burn her house and pray to Dios for her to get out alive in time."

The historian lady took a deep breath frighten for what he may do. "No porfavor, I'll do anything, just please don't burn her house."

He did a joyful laughed  "That's what I like to hear, now tell me. What did that muchacho the son of that good for nothing Miles told you, because I know he chatted with you."

"He just wanted to know about the green-eyes history and....the legend of the eye of the forest."

"Why would he, want to know about the eye of the forest?" He asked

She stared at him with fear in her eyes "I'm not sure, he found a small rock inside his father's wallet and he asked me about it."

La sombra walked over to her desk and sat on her chair to see the book she was reading earlier . "I see you were reading about the trapiche emerald. I was able to steal the eye of the forest statue for my own private collection and those pinche demonios Miles and Stella took the emerald from the statue during the night like damn rats. My man catch up to them and....let's just say, we took care of the problem. But, the rock they took from me, was never found....Could it be, that Miles had the eye of the forest emerald in his wallet all this time! I'm such a fool, years of looking for it and...IT WAS INSIDE HIS WALLET!!" He yelled.

The lady was startled by him "But, the rock he found may not be the trapiche, I couldn't confirm with him."

"You couldn't. Sra Garza if you saw the rock you know if it is or if it isn't and the way you're looking at me, that muchacho found the eye of the forest emerald."

"I don't know La sombra, I just told you everything."

"Julio, you know what to do." He said calmly.

The body guard grabbed the historian roughly and pulled a knife to her throat and applied enough pressure to cut her slightly.

The lady panic and began crying hysterically. "The boy found the trapiche emerald, I did a test on it and it's confirmed he as it....But you don't know if the eye of the forest will work with you! According to legend, only the chosen one can see through the eye!"

La sombra smiled "Yes the chosen one, I know that legend, but in my hands there's no one to stop me from trying to see through the eye and besides the legend also said, the lost large trapiche emerald has unimaginable power and wealth for anyone who may treasure it. The journal will guide me to the green-eyes and that boy to the long lost trapiche. Gracias Sra, Garza you been a lot of help and sadly, I don't need you anymore. Julio take care of the problema."

La sombra stood from the chair and walked towards the exit.

"NOOO, LA SOMBRA PLEASE, MY MAMÁ!!!" She yelled in desperation.

He stopped walking with his back facing her
"Your mama will be save I promise...but you won't." He continue walking outside the office while a gun shot when off inside the Historian's office.

A large fancy car was waiting for him outside. The driver open the passenger door for him.
La sombra wen inside the car, where a woman wearing a black provocative dress was waiting for him. "Did you she told you everything?" She asked. La sombra stared at her body and took out a puro cigar for the woman to light up.

He puffed...

"Almost. The historian told me what I needed to know. Now...I just need to get what I need, in order to get what I want." He said it very confident and continued smoking.

The woman slide closer to La sombra. "I love it when you talk like that....But the only problem is, we don't know where the boy is?" she asked.

He puffed again....

La sombra looked at his cell and opened a text, he smirked. He grabbed her by the waist sliding her closer to him. "Muñeca, I know where his going...and now I make my move."

The Luxurious large car took off in to the dark streets of San Lorenzo.

Notes:
La sombra is a very interesting villain and I wanted for the readers to know a bit more about him.

The historian lady tried her best to protect Arnold but at the end she couldn't stay quiet.
What do you think about the flash back?

Thank you for reading.