The last battle

Arnold POV
Naku words trouble my heart. I never imagine bearing so much responsibility from being the chosen-one. I wanted to help the green-eyes from La Sombras rage and at the same time I wanted to flee from San Lorenzo with Helga and my father and never return. However, what I wanted didn't matter, according to Naku the prophecy had to be fulfill at all cost. Was a five-hundred-year-old prophecy still true to today? Maybe the prophecy and the chosen-one legacy wasn't true. Could all be just a myth?

"Do you doubt yourself?" asked Naku.

I gazed at him in silence with so many questions and uncertainty in my heart that I couldn't think clearly. "I don't know what to believe." I replied.

"The eagle spirit believes in you and at the end it doesn't matter what you believe, for you are destine to rise volcano-child."

"Naku what if I chose to follow another path and...."

Naku place his hand on my shoulder and said. "All the choices you made from the beginning, leads to who you are now and no matter what you chose, at the end, it was destined to happen."

His words brought chills to my heart. I gasped trying to breathe and comprehend everything that was rushing through my mind. Naku looked up at me and said, "Rest Arnold and regained your strength, for once La Sombra comes you'll be ready for him." Those were the last words Naku said to me that night. I returned to the table where Helga, my father and Jorge were eating and having a good time as they chat and laughed. I sat between Helga and my father and tried to eat and enjoy their conversation even if my mind was confounded by everything Naku had said.

That night after the celebration, I struggle to relax and eventually, I fell sleep. In a blink of an eye I was walking inside a volcanic cave, the walls showed evidence of being created by flowing lava long ago. I continued to walk in to the dark mysterious tube knowing what I was searching for. The cave split many times in to different directions, but I never hesitated, for I knew the way. At the end of the dark tube I saw it, I pile of large stones pressed together against the wall. I stepped closer to the stones knowing which grained rock was the powerful emerald underneath. I stepped closer to the large rock and as I was about to touch it, I heard an evil laughter that awoken me in to cold sweat.

I opened my eyes wide and sat on the bed panting, feeling the chilling sweat on my back and my forehead. I was feeling agonizing weight on my shoulders, so many lives dependent on me and I didn't know if I could help anyone. I didn't know how I was going to return the large spiritual statue back from La Sombras mansion, much less how to stop La Sombra for good. I saw Helga sleeping peacefully next to me and I knew I couldn't let her down. I had to find my inner strength to get her out of the jungle so that we could be happy together, like I promised her.

I walked out the temple that night, it must have been three or four in the morning. I climb up a golden pyramid and sat at the very top gazing at the bright round moon. The eagle landed next to me, as if it knew I needed guidance. "You must know about the prophecy Harpy. If only you could talk to tell me what really happened to the chosen-one and what I should do." The eagle bowed its head almost telling me to touch it. The moment I placed my hand on its head. I was taken back in time.

The jungle of san Lorenzo looked larger from the sky. I was again soaring through the air as if I was the eagle, gazing at the jungle from above. I saw Yeh cocone den the chosen-one, he was a young man around my age and had in his hands a large green emerald. I knew it was the powerful lost trapiche rock, the rarest of its kind. He was taking the emerald deep inside a volcano's cave to hide it from evil. The next thing I saw, was that same young man crying next to a grave and I knew the person he was mourning for was his wife. Suddenly the volcano erupted, exploding hot lava with force though out the land. The smoke and gases spread quickly making it difficult for people and animals to escape. The chosen-one ran towards the volcano and stood still between the lava and the entrance of the green-eye village. "I won't let my people die!" he said.