I almost lost you

Arnold POV
The jungle's heat was intolerable and the mosquitos alone didn't make the walk any easier, but I knew I couldn't slow down. She depended on me to get there on time. My mother's words kept repeating in my head over and over again. She's in danger....you must go to her now...You are Yeh cocone den...and the fire is now within you. The historian lady mentioned the warrior was Yen cocone den and it meant....the son of fire. But what did my mother meant when she said...the fire is now within you.

Jones was walking fast ahead of me cutting off the large plats that stood in our way. I couldn't help to think if perhaps Jones knew something about the son of fire legend or about the eye of the forest... should I ask him? Could he be trusted?

"Umm..Jones, do you speak or understand dialect language?" I asked.

Jones was quiet, for a minute I thought he didn't heard me. As I was about to ask him again he spoke. "What do you need to know exactly?"

"What do you know about Yeh cocone den?" I asked.

"Mmm...where did you heard that name?" He asked as he continued cutting the plants in our path.

"So you know it's a name?" I told him, apparently he knows the meaning.

"Look Philip, if you want me to help you with your questions, you need to just come out and say the truth or I won't help you. Now where did you heard that name?"

Should I tell him about the vision I had with my mother, no, that's too personal... "Someone once told me about it and I was wondering what you knew about the subject?"

Jones was silent again, I didn't know if he was thinking or if he just didn't know...then he said.
"The legend says, Yeh cocone den was a warrior who gave his life for his people the green-eyes and the all seeing eagle was his spiritual guide."

I was quiet pondering about what he had said.
"How much exactly do you know about the legend?" I asked

"Only what I heard over the years. Apparently, the son of fire will be born again and will  be guided by the great spiritual eagle to return the peace and prosperity once lost to the green-eyes lands."

"In that case, you must know about the eye of the forest" I asked intrigued.

Jones stopped walking and stared at me with a serious look. Even with his old dirty glasses, I could still see the seriousness in his eyes.

"Yes....I know about it. Now you tell me, how come you know the forest so well, ugh, if you never been here before? And how is it possible for you to know your friends location?"

I felt like I owe him the truth. After all, he did help me regain my strength and in a way save my life. He mention he saw the eagle next to me when he found me....maybe he saw a lot more and his not telling me about it.

"It's complicated for me to tell you how I know the forest but..."

Jones continued walking looking straight forward and said. "You have the trapiche rock."

My eyes widened in shock, he definitely knew more about my situation...how much more did he knew?  "What!? Why do you think...."

"Look Philip is obvious, my tiring eyes don't lie and what I saw yesterday when I found you...said it all and....oooh.." Jones felt on an ant pile. "shoot...no,no,no!" he was brushing off the ants from his clothes.

Arnold laughed... "Are you okay there Jones?"

"I could be better....let's keep on going."

"So...you know...who I am?" maybe he knew I was the chosen one and that I had the eye of the forest.