Chapter 46

~*Louis POV*~

So...maybe this wasn't my best idea. Okay. Yeah. Worst idea ever. I knew Lucy was in New York, but WHERE in New York would have been a better question. I've been here two days, wandering around the city, looking for somebody who was desperately avoiding me; not a good situation. I was getting desperate. I needed to find her, somehow. I dialed her number for the millionth time, listening to it ring.

But, for the first time, she answered.

"Why the hell are you in New York?!" she yelled.

I was slightly taken aback. I hadn't told her I was here yet. There was no way she could know..unless..

"You can see me."

"You're damn right I can! Why are you here?!''

I spun around in a circle, looking. I knew her well enough to know she would be freaking out, and it would be noticeable.

She chuckled lightly on the other end of the line.

"I'm not telling you where I am. And you can't see me from there. Nice hair by the way; have you ever heard of a hairbrush?"

I rolled my eyes at her comment.

"Well when you're running around a strange city looking for a girl, you tend to look pretty...disheveled." I retorted sarcastically. "And fine. I can't see you. But I can make you come out to ME."

I took a couple of steps closer to the street, where cars were flying by.

"Oh really? And how do you plan on doing that?" she asked, skeptical.

"I'll lay down in the middle of the street until you come out."

~*Lucy's POV*~

My face pales instantly.

"You wouldn't..."

He laughed.

"Try me love." he said.

"You won't do it. I know you too well Louis." I said, desperately pushing a confident tone into my voice.

My eyes were locked on the messy haired boy, who looked like he hadn't slept in weeks. From my spot in the cafe, I could safely watch him, and not worry about him seeing me. I still couldn't believe he was actually here..

"Alright then..." Louis said, in a sort of warning voice, before I watched him stepping toward the edge of the sidewalk.

"Louis don't!" I protested, causing people to shoot me glares at the raising of my voice.

"I'm not stopping until you come out from wherever you're hiding." he told me, now off the edge of the sidewalk, just on the road.

The cars were flying past him, dangerously close.

"Stop! Stopstopstopstopstopstopstop!" I exclaimed, receiving glares from nearby customers at the raising of my voce.

Louis chuckled slightly.

"I told you, I wasn't stopping until I could see you, right in front of me Luce." he said, taking another step into the road, even closer to the cars.

"NO!" I yelled, bolting upright, and throwing a bunch of bills down on the table, so as not to piss off the already bitchy waitress.

"Stop?" Louis tantalized me, taking another step into the traffic.

"STOP!" I yelled, throwing myself out the door and sprinting over to him, practically tackling him back onto the sidewalk.

"LOUIS I COULD KILL YOU RIGHT NOW!" I yelled, flapping my arms angrily at him. "You could have gotten yourself killed!"

Louis didn't answer me, just pulled me into him in a bone crushing hug.

"Don't you EVER do that to me again!" he scolded me, holding me out a little bit so he could look at me.

"Why the hell did you come out here?!" I yelled at him, now furious at him since he wasn't about to attempt freaking SUICIDE in the middle of New York City.

"I came out here because I couldn't just...I didn't want you out here alone." he admitted, not looking at me.

I crossed my arms.

"Louis, I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself. I'm not a little kid anymore. I don't need you.."

He looked up at me angrily.

"Dont need me!? If it wasn't for me where would you and Bella be now huh?! I took care of BOTH of you when Harry left you. I was THERE for you."

"Yeah, and I still don't get why. Honestly, you were just wasting your time. Goodbye Louis." I said.

I wanted to leave but he grabbed my arm, tightly.

"No. You're not walking away from me again. Lucy, I stayed, because you're...you're everything to me. I love you. And you know it. I've loved you for YEARS. Since before you and Harry met. And I stayed even during that. And...I just, I need you. I got on the next flight that came out here after you left, because I can't...not have you around. I feel...god, I feel so lost. You can't run away from me, Please. It's bad enough not seeing you when we're on tour and I HAVE to go, but...when you leave me to get away, it hurts so badly..." he said.

He was gripping my hands tightly in his, looking deeply into my eyes. I had...rarely seen Louis like this; so...determined. Well, okay. I had quite a few times. But never like THIS. he had followed me to A DIFFERENT FREAKING COUNTRY, and wandered around this crazy city, looking for me, to tell me he loved me..that had to mean SOMETHING!

"Lou...I just dont know what in supposed to do." I whispered.

He held my face between his hands, gently stroking the skin with his thumbs.

"And Im gonna be right here with you to help you then, alright?"

I nodded softy, feeling like such a child. Once again, Louis was cleaning up my mess for me.

People were right when they say Louis was the jokester of the group, but beneath all of that, he was one of the most insightful people people I had ever met.

"What about Harry.." I asked quietly.

Louis jaw tightened but then loosened quickly.

"He's not here right now...and I am." Louis said simply before leaning in and pressing his lips to mine softly.

And for the first time in days, Harry was completely pushed out of my mind.

I felt like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. I felt lighter; happier. And surprisingly, not in the least bit guilty.

(A/N) hello darlings

I wanted to let you know, I'm going on a trip, so I'll be gone for a couple days, BUT, I'll e writing while I'm gone, so expect 3-4 MAYBE five chapters when I come back!(;

I was thinking instead of starting a sequel to this right now, maybe doing a story that's like a flashback, to when Harry and Lucy met, and that whole ordeal with her getting pregnant and Harry leaving her and stuff. Would you guys Like that? Then for the Watty Awards next year, I write the sequel. Comment and let me know! Aim for this, 50 votes and 35 comments!