Chapter Two

Science was just like any other day, boring. I didn't have that class with Zayn thank God. I wasn't really paying attention that much.

I had a few more classes then it was lunch. I hated the thought of eating. I had to at least act as if I ate like a normal human. 

I walked towards the line and grabbed lunch, my stomach growled quietly and I immediately grabbed a drink from my water bottle. I drank some of it quieting the growls of my stomach. I just pushed around the food on my tray until the lunch period ended.

When the bell rang I grabbed my bag and looked up to see Zayn looking straight at me. I hurriedly picked up my tray and went to the trash cans. I threw the food in the trash and wished I had eaten at least some of it. But that desire was soon pushed away when I remembered this morning in front of the mirror.

*Time Skip*

I decided to walk home instead of taking the bus. I needed to burn off those stupid calories and decided to turn on some music. I took out my phone and turned on Voodoo Doll by 5 Seconds of Summer. (Video above)

Tell me where you're hiding your voodoo doll
'Cause I can't control myself,
I don't wanna stay, I wanna run away
But I'm trapped under your spell.
And it hurts in my head and my heart and my chest,
And I'm having trouble catching my breath.

I saw my house come into view and wished I hadn't. I walked inside and immediately was met with the thick scent of smoke and liquor. 

Coughing, I made my way to the living room and was met with the sight of my mother passed out on the couch with a few packs of cigarettes thrown on the floor and coffee table. There was a few bottles of various types of liquor tipped over on the coffee along side the cigarette packs.

I sighed and grabbed a trash bag, I went back into the living room and started to pick up all the trash in the living room. When I was done I tried to wake my mother up nicely but because she wasn't sober it wasn't the easiest thing in the world.

"Mum, you have to get up for me, please Mum. Wake up."

"No" she drawled.

I started to pick her up when she slapped my face. I stood up straight in shock. 

"Mum! I am trying to help you. Please just work with me and I'll leave you alone." I pleaded. My face was still burning with pain.

"Fine, but hurry up and help me, I'm going back to sleep." she couldn't talk right.

I struggled to get her off the couch but managed to pick her up. I put her arm around my neck and slowly helped her toward her bedroom.

I got her in bed and grabbed a few Ibuprofen for when she woke up. I went back into the living room and finished putting things back into their places. 

                                                                               oOo

I went back into my room after grabbing a water from the fridge. I pulled out my laptop I had gotten before my mum went off the deep end. 

I pulled up Wattpad on it and continued to read Runaways by BreannaGarrett9 . (It is actually a book and I think you should go check it out, you can find it on my reading list) 

I spent about half an hour on Wattpad before going to my closet and grabbing out my running shoes. (Picture should be up there^^)

I had decided to run for awhile since I needed to exercise to lose more weight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! Here is Chapter Two of The Nerd. Please let me know if there are any grammar mistakes or typos so I can improve the story for new readers.

~Just